In recent years, Numascale has experienced a significant growth, and we are now looking for a student who can contribute to this growth through his or her IT skills with support-related tasks. This is a part-time position which includes working with safety architecture and backing up data. We believe that the right candidate has ideas and knowledge on how to further improve these areas.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with tasks related to IT maintenance, hardware replacement and updating of OSs. Other tasks include:
- Setting up user accounts and administer these
- Take responsibility for back-up strategy and implementation
- Operation of the computer systems the developers are working with. These tasks will primarily be conducted in Linux
- You will be working with laptops and pcs on Windows 10 and Mac OS. You will manage licenses, configuration and administration
- Patching, switch configuration, firewall management and network booting will also be central in this role
During your first period you will work closely with two other colleagues who will assign tasks related to improvement and maintenance of the programs in use. Although this is a part-time position there is a good possibility that this can become a full-time position later on, as the areas of responsibility can be expanded for the right candidate.
You will be located at our headquarter in Oslo, and become part of an international and highly skilled environment. This includes 30 colleagues from Norway, Singapore, Czech Republic, USA, France, Germany and Italy, as well as clients all over the world.
We are looking for students with a genuine passion for technology. We believe the right candidate is trustworthy and takes ownership for given tasks and manages to organize their own workday. In addition to this, you have excellent academic results and a wish to help others to succeed.
To qualify you need to have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge with hardware and support
- Experience with Linux, Windows, MySQL and Python
Furthermore, Numascale offers:
- The opportunity to work and learn with leading experts within system integration and processor delivering
- To work with international, world leading technical teams
- The chance to be part of the fast-growing scale-up computing business
- Nice and modern offices in Oslo
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and career development
- Supportive and inspiring colleagues and social events
- Start: As soon as possible
- Position: 25 % - 50 %
- Extent: 6 months
- Location: Oslo
Application deadline: 15th March
Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous so make sure to send your application as soon as possible.
Please upload your CV and motivation letter/application letter, along with a valid transcript of a university diploma.
This job is a staffing position, which means that you will be employed by Academic Work and work as a consultant at Numascale.
Numascale is changing the rules of the game with their groundbreaking Scale-up technology. We have a long history of contributing to the opensource Linux and HPC community. Numascale develops unique hardware and software for the most challenging computing workloads. In 2014 the company delivered the enabling technology for the worlds largest computer running under one instance of the operating system, with more than 5000 cores and 21 Terabytes of RAM.
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.