Local Unit & Position Description
We are seeking a dynamic and result-oriented manager with the ability to build a good working environment and a competent and well-performing Subsea Technology Unit.
You must be motivated by driving change and by challenging existing current services and practice. Thinking outside the box is a key success criterion in an industry that is changing more rapidly than ever before. A strong commercial mindset and an ambition to lead is important.
Reports to: Head of Department, Subsea and Asset Risk Management, Region Oil and Gas Norway
Our Subsea team consist of highly qualified engineers working closely with key players in the O&G industry, in Norway and globally. In a time of Energy and Technology Transition we also utilize our competence within new areas related to carbon capture and storage, electrification and energy efficiency, automation, battery technology and remote operations. In addition, we increasingly support the safe development and operation of other offshore activities such as offshore wind and wave energy.
The Subsea Technology team is a hub for innovation and digitalization of Subsea services in DNV GL and works integrated with other DNV GL units in Norway and abroad to utilize capacity and competence in the best possible way for our customers.
The service portfolio includes:
- Subsea production systems (SPS)
- Subsea Processing systems
- Control systems, including all electric
- Subsea power systems and components, including cables, umbilical’s and traced heat systems
- Technology Qualification
- Analysis, e.g. structural analysis of piping and components
- Verification, certification and type approval
- Operational support and failure investigation
- Joint Industry Projects and standards development
- Low Carbon Technology (BAT analysis, footprint assessments)
As a manager you are responsible for the unit’s profit and loss, sales of services, delivery of projects, utilization of the employees, and development and maintenance of competence and services.
A key focus for 2020 will be to maintain our strong position with the O&G industry, and at the same time develop our positions related to decarbonization, offshore wind and ocean space in general. The profitability of the operation was good in 2019 and our ambition is to excel this further in 2020.
- Build and manage a strong professional team by developing, motivating, advancing and retaining the highly competent employees comprising today’s team
- Assess and maintain competence needs and capacity of the unit
- Drive marketing and sales of services
- Drive business- and service innovation and -development as needed to ensure relevance and cost efficiency of the service portfolio
- Prepare budgets, make plans and set goals according to the department annual operating plan
- Follow up closely utilization of employees and the profitability of the project portfolio to ensure delivery on financial targets
- MSc or equivalent
- Good technical understanding from working with at least one of the units' services
- A minimum of 5 year experience from the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience e.g. project management
- Experience and interest for marketing and sales
- A good understanding of the Subsea market is an advantage, so is relevant experience from the maritime and renewable sector
- Fluent English & Norwegian is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to mentor and motivate employees
- Ability to identify and anticipate customer needs
- Ability to form relationships with customers
- Having a commercial mindset and adequate leadership skills
- Being structured and well organized, i.e. accountable
- Building team spirit based on collaboration and sharing
- The opportunity to work with interesting and challenging projects in a prestigious technological company
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high experience and specialization level in an international environment
- Interaction with advanced customers with complex and exciting operational and technical challenges
- Be part of a global company with 12 000 employees, world-leading professional networks and diverse internal job opportunities
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV GL
- Competitive salary, insurance and pension scheme
Geir Egil Eie
Head of Department
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.