Local Unit & Position Description
We are currently seeking a dynamic and result-oriented manager with a strong focus on building a good working environment and a highly competent and well-performing safety advisory unit. To ensure future relevance of our business you must be motivated to drive change and dare to challenge current services and practices and go outside the box thinking. A strong commercial mindset and an ambition to develop leadership skills is important.
The Safety Advisory Unit
Our safety advisory team consists of 35 consultants working closely with key players in the O&G industry in Norway - addressing the whole value chain of their operation. In a time with a strong focus on decarbonization, we utilize our safety competence in the development of safe solutions related to carbon capture and storage, electrification, automation, battery- and hydrogen technology. In addition, we increasingly support the safe development and operation of other offshore activities such as aquaculture and offshore wind.
The safety advisory unit is a hub for innovation and digitalization of safety risk advisory services in DNV GL. The team works integrated with other DNV GL units in Norway and abroad to deliver value to customers in and outside the region.
The unit holds high expertise within the area of major accident risk management; including both technical-, operational- and human factors safety expertise. The consultants are primarily located in Høvik and Trondheim, but we are also represented in Bergen and Harstad.
The unit is divided into three groups with two group leaders supporting the management of the unit.
The unit has focus on close collaboration across geography and its groups to utilize capacity and competence in the best possible way. In addition, there is close collaboration with several other DNV GL units, in Norway and globally, supplementing and supporting service delivery.
The service portfolio includes:
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Advanced fire and explosion analysis based on CFD modeling
- Technical/operational safety advisory
- Hazid and hazop facilitation
- Human factors analyses and -advisory
- Safety barrier management
- Advisory related to emergency preparedness, working environment, HSE- & risk management
As a manager you are responsible for the unit’s profit and loss, sales of services, delivery of projects, utilization of the employees, and development and maintenance of competence and services.
A key focus for 2020 will be to maintain our strong position with the O&G industry, and at the same time develop our positions related to decarbonization, offshore wind and aquaculture. The profitability of the operation was good in 2019, and our ambitions for 2020 is to excel this further.
- Build and manage a strong professional team by developing, motivating, advancing and retaining the highly competent employees comprising today’s team
- Assess and maintain competence needs and capacity of the unit
- Drive marketing and sales of services
- Drive business- and service innovation and -development as needed to ensure relevance and cost efficiency of the service portfolio
- Support and develop the two group leaders, and lead the unit in close collaboration with them
- Prepare budgets, make plans and set goals according to the department annual operating plan
- Follow up closely utilization of employees and the profitability of the project portfolio to ensure delivery on financial targets
- MSc or equivalent
- Good technical understanding from working with at least one of the units' services
- A minimum of 5 years experience from the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Experience and interest for marketing and sales
- A good understanding of the safety advisory market in the offshore industry is an advantage, so is relevant experience from the maritime and renewable sector.
- Fluent English & Norwegian is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to mentor and motivate employees and group leaders
- Ability to identify and anticipate customer needs and respond appropriately
- Ability to form relationships with customers
- Having a commercial mindset and adequate leadership skills
- Being structured and well organized
- Building team spirit based on collaboration and sharing
- The opportunity to work with interesting and challenging projects in a prestigious technological company
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high experience and specialization level in an international environment
- Interaction with advanced customers with complex and exciting operational and technical challenges
- Be part of a global company with 12 000 employees, world-leading professional networks and diverse internal job opportunities
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV GL
- Competitive salary, insurance and pension scheme
For further questions please contact Marianne Hauso, Head of Department, +47 415 72 933.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.