Cambi is the world leading provider of Thermal Hydrolysis. The process reduces greenhouse gas emissions, produces renewable energy, organic fertilisers and various soil products, while destroying pathogens and other harmful substances. Cambi’s technology contributes to a sustainable future.
Thermal hydrolysis is closely integrated within the sludge line of wastewater treatment plants. The Project Managers of Cambi are required to have a good understanding of several disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, automation, process, procurement, inspection, expediting, site installation, commissioning, operations and maintenance, anaerobic digestion, dewatering, energy recovery (CHP), steam production, heat exchangers etc.
Due to incoming orders and ambitious plans to grow over the next few years, we are now going to strengthen our Project Execution Department with a new Project Manager, based at our headquarters in Asker, Norway. As Project Manager, you will report to the EVP Operations and will increase our project management capacity, with hands-on responsibility to:
- Deliver projects in accordance to the defined scope, within budget, on time and in line with Cambi’s corporate quality standards
- Define project resource needs, establish the execution plan and actual cost estimates
- Carry out risk management assessments and mitigate project risks, while optimising opportunities
- Ensure project targets and duties are communicated, coordinated and executed by the team
- Implement and follow up the project Health & Safety, Quality and Environment plans
- Assist Bid and Contract managers in the sales and contract negotiation phases
- Report progress to Cambi’s management and the Client
- Transfer completed projects to Services
- Manage customer relationships
- A Master of Science degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemical, environment)
- 10 to 15 years relevant experience in building process plants within the waste water, biowaste, pulp and paper industry. References within sludge treatment lines will be an advantage
- Project management skills in international and multicultural environments
- Proven experience in cost estimation and management of complex process plant installations
- Proven experience in the procurement of packages and equipment
- Proven skills in manufacturing follow up, inspection and expediting
- A track record of on-site and commissioning follow up
- Hands-on experience in plant operation and troubleshooting
- Excellent English skills. Other languages will be an advantage
- Structured, thorough and disciplined, with an ability to see through to completion many parallel activities, in a dynamic environment
- A team player, with a passion for cross-cultural communication across diverse backgrounds and countries
- Proactive, responsive and engaging, with a customer-oriented mindset and a genuine ability to motivate the project team
- Honest, humble and hard-working, with a natural inclination to share and learn new skills
- Focused in the use of the established QA system
- Willing to travel according to project needs
- A hands-on role with significant global impact on sustainable urban development
- Exciting working days, with challenges aplenty to grow both professionally and personally
- Plenty of fun, in a highly competent and international working environment
- Opportunities to travel to many of the large cities around the world. Although Cambi uses Skype for most interactions
- A competitive reward package
- Please apply using the link "Søk på stillingen" in the ad. Please include your CV/resume and cover letter, in Norwegian or English.
Hvem er Cambi?
Cambi is a leading provider of technology for the conversion of sludge to renewable energy and high-quality biosolids. Cambi is the world-leader in its field and the company is committed to quality in deliveries, competence and expertise. Originally founded in Norway in 1989, Cambi has today more than 110 employees and is represented with offices in 9 different countries. Through its 31 operating plants in 17 different countries, Cambi serves more than 50 million people. Cambi’s headquarters are in Asker, Norway. The group had an outstanding performance in 2014 with several new contracts and a solid order backlog. At Cambi we believe that our people are the source of our successes. Our commitment to remain the leader into the future depends on our global community of employees whose experiences, skills and commitment fuel our ongoing drive for innovation and our commitment to excellence...because it matters.