We are looking for someone with an executive track record to be the leader of the Mobile Division for Elliptic Labs. This hands-on position requires an entrepreneurial attitude, and theability to work with demanding customers in China and Korea.The VP of Mobile Division must have experience driving consumer electronic devices/solutionsfrom concept through productization. The candidate understands customer and productizationrequirements, and the tradeoffs that must be made to bring complete solutions to market. The ideal candidate has designed high-volume software products and/or consumer electronics products with a consistent focus on product design as well as attention to detail. The candidate will work closely with in-house and customer engineering resources to develop completesolutions.
- Interface directly with consumer electronics OEMs in China
- Supervise software deployment, testing, and maintenance
- Develop technology contingency plans to keep projects on track
- Work with marketing and sales to enable successful collaboration across variousglobal regions
- Being a product evangelist internally and externally
- Maintain focus on customers and revenue
If you fit these expectations
- 5+ years of experience managing technical teams, preferably software and/or algorithm engineers.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track-record for building software that is easy to use, with exceptional user experience.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills.
- Accountable – must embody a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of tasks, as well as the responsibility to ensure a shared understanding of shared tasks.
- Communicative and social – excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills including the ability to work with diverse stakeholders and personality types. Ability to bridge the gap between technical and business teams. Writes messages and makes presentations that are clear, concise, and compelling.
- Enthusiastic – must be high-energy and situationally aware. Passionate advocate for delivering value.
- Creativity, initiative, and flexibility – tempered by pragmatism, patience, and attention to detail.
- Creative and hands-on problem-solver – with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Skilled negotiator who is ability to motivate, persuade, and build consensus.
- Master’s in Computer Science preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a product leader, with a minimum of 5 at Director or
- VP level, preferably for a software company or a company that serves China mobile market
- Demonstrated experience developing consumer electronics or enterprise software products.
- Strong leader with minimum 10 years of experience in managing, coaching, and leading senior level and mid-level staff including multi-functional teams. Proven ability to drive change, and to influence corporate culture.
- Demonstrated visionary leader. Ability to develop and cultivate a dynamic, progressive, and technologically advanced organization.
- Demonstrated success attracting, developing, and retaining talented technology professionals.
- Proven track record to drive complex engineering projects to completion on time and on budget. Proven capability of managing multiple priorities effectively and performingunder tight deadlines.
If you fit these expectations, then we want to speak with you! Our ideal candidate is a go-getter, and a risk-taker with a can-do attitude.
Please send resume to: Britt@ellipticlabs.com
Hvem er Ellipticlabs?
Elliptic Labs is a pre-IPO company with a mission to deliver innovative 3D interaction and sensing products for mobile and IoT devices, powered by ultrasound. Elliptic Labs’ technology outperforms alternate solutions and can be integrated in many future products. Our disruptive software solutions can run on existing hardware. We have formed partnerships with the most important players in the mobile and IoT industries. Our ultrasound-based Virtual Proximity Sensor has enabled Xiaomi to build the Mi Mix flagship smartphones, using a design which has set a new standard for bezel-less phones after its launch in September 2016.