Would you like to play an essential role in COWI's future journey, and do you consider it a long-term opportunity to be part of our ambitious Energy International leadership team? Do you want to lead project execution in Green Fuels? Then, you should apply for the position of Vice President, Projects in Green Fuels.
Join us in designing the future!
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Vice President to join our team, giving you the opportunity to be part of our growth journey by leading the execution of projects within Green Fuels from in a global perspective.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring successful project execution and delivery, successful contract management and sound financials. You will also ensure that all project team members are engaged, while developing them into a high-performing project team, which will result in high customer engagement and satisfaction on projects. You will also handle change requests, up-sale and cross-sale on projects or change requests. The role will be equally split between direct involvement on major projects, and leadership and sounding board activities. The Vice President, Projects is part of the leadership team in Energy International and will have functional reference to the Senior Project Director.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- manage project portfolios in the segment
- identify and proactively manage strategic and/or high-risk projects
- develop project action plans for the segment and contribute to business unit action plans
- perform functional management of portfolio managers (PFMs) and project directors (PDs) relevant for the segment
- plan and support the development of the professional capabilities of PFMs/PDs, and the necessary training requirements in the segment
- proactively support and collaborate with heads of sections (HoS) and the Vice President, People and Competencies on project management (PM) training and development
- collaborate with vice presidents and HoS on recruitment of PFMs and PDs needed in the segment
- ensure operational excellence compliance including good risk management in the segment
- secure governance and management of steering committees
- drive continued professionalisation of project execution and contract management in the segment and in the business unit
- ensure a smoothly running PM network and utilise strong distributed work content in execution
- be a member of the steering committee for selected projects.
STRONG PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
To do well in this position, we believe that you have strong project management and leadership experience demonstrating the achievement of results through influence, presence and effective problem-solving skills. You also pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while respecting our clients, your colleagues, the local community, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you have:
- a degree in engineering accompanied by relevant experience in engineering projects from the Energy sector, oil and gas, or the petro chemicals area
- strong strategic capabilities and the ability to execute with impact in a global environment
- demonstrable experience of successfully bringing people together as one team
- experience from matrix organisations, preferably from positions with both full and dotted management positions.
SUCCESS FACTORS IN THE POSITION
You and your team will be a success when you, together with the rest of the organisation:
- achieve profitability and cash targets in your own project segment
- ensure optimal use of distributed work
- ensure high customer satisfaction (NPS)
- utilise the business potential in your own customer segment
- comply with COWI's quality management system and ensure good risk management
- ensure high-performance project teams in the segment
- ensure a collaborative approach and active coordination with the Vice President, Projects across different segments and with the Vice President, Markets and the Vice President, People and Competencies in the segment.
COWI'S TEAM ACROSS THE WORLD
At COWI, the field of green fuels primarily comprises projects in green hydrogen, methanol, ammonia and sustainable aviation fuel. We work on some of the world’s biggest green fuels projects and with the most ambitious developers, investors, energy majors and off takers.
Together with customers, partners and colleagues, we shape a future where people and societies grow and flourish. We do that by co-creating sustainable and beautiful solutions that improve the quality of life for people today and many generations ahead.
COWI is a growing international consulting group. We pride ourselves on delivering high value for our customers and the communities we serve.
Living up to our core values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to connect people and places to create better solutions. We respect our environment and focus on helping local communities thrive by creating opportunities. We are curious and forward-thinking as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care.
For further details, please visit our website, https://www.cowi.com/
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Senior Project Director, Lars Juel Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant, Oliver Sommer at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
All we need from you is to upload your CV in the link below. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hvem er COWI AS?
Våre ansatte er vår største ressurs: Det er våre ansatte som gjør prosjektene vellykkede. Hos COWI får du en unik mulighet til å lære av de beste og utvikle potensialet ditt, og du får delta i å forme fremtidens samfunn. Sammen med lederen din utarbeider du en plan for din egen utvikling, og du får muligheten til å bygge på din kompetanse i både lokale og globale prosjekter fra dag til dag.
For mer informasjon, besøk www.cowi.no/om-oss