Would you like to play an essential role in COWI's future journey and see it as a long-term opportunity to be part of our ambitious Energy International management team? Do you want to lead project execution in Carbon Capture? Then you should apply for the position of Vice President – Projects – for Carbon Capture.
Join us in designing the future!
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Vice President to join our team, giving you the opportunity to be part of our growth journey by leading the execution of projects within Carbon Capture in a global perspective.
In this role, you will be mainly responsible for ensuring successful project execution and delivery, successful contract management and sound financials. You will also ensure that all the project team members are engaged while working on developing high-performing project teams resulting in customer engagement and satisfaction on projects while handling change requests, up-sale and cross-sale on projects or change requests. The role will be equally split between direct involvement on major projects, and leadership and sparring activities. The Vice President Projects forms a part of the Leadership Team for COWI in Energy International and will have functional reference to the Senior Project Director.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- manage project portfolios within the segment
- identify and proactively manage strategic and/or high-risk projects
- develop project action plans for the segment and contribute to business unit action plans
- perform functional management of portfolio managers (PFMs) and project directors (PDs) relevant for the segment
- plan and support the development of professional capabilities of PFMs/PDs, and the necessary training requirements in the segment
- proactively support and collaborate with Head of Sections (HoS) and VP People & Competencies in the PM training and PM development
- collaborate with VPs and HoS in recruitment of PFMs and PDs needed in the segment
- ensure operational excellence compliance including good risk management within the segment
- securing governance and management of Steering Committees
- drive continued professionalization of project execution and contract management in the segment and in the business unit
- ensure a well functional project management network and utilize strong distributed work content in execution
- be member of the steering committee for selected projects
STRONG PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLSTo do well in this position, we believe that you have strong project management and leadership experience, demonstrating the achievement of results through influence, presence and effective problem-solving skills. You'll also pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while respecting our clients, your colleagues, the local community, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you have:
- a degree in Engineering accompanied by relevant experience in engineering projects within the Energy sector, preferably within Carbon Capture and/or thermal power and/or WTE
- strong strategic capabilities and ability to execute with impact in a global environment
- demonstrable experience of successfully bringing people together as one team
- experience from matrix organizations, preferably from positions with both full and dotted management positions
SUCCESS FACTORS IN THE POSITION
You and your team will be a success when you together with the rest of the organization:
- achieve profitability and cash targets in own project segment
- ensure optimal use of distributed work
- ensure high customer satisfaction (NPS)
- utilize business potential in own customer segment
- comply with COWI Quality Management and ensure good risk management
- ensure high performance project teams in the segment
- ensure a collaborative approach and active coordination with VP Projects across different segments and with VP markets and VP people & Competences in the segment
COWI'S TEAM ACROSS THE WORLD
In COWI, Carbon Capture comprises of projects within carbon capture, transport, and storage. We work on some of the world’s biggest Carbon Capture projects and with the most ambitious energy utilities and industrial clients. As part of this segment you will also have the responsibility for project execution in energy production from waste and biomass.
Together with customers, partners, and colleagues, we shape a future where people and societies grow and flourish. We do that by co-creating sustainable and beautiful solutions that improve the quality of life for people today and many generations ahead.
COWI is a growing international consulting group. We pride ourselves on delivering for our clients and the communities we serve.
Living up to our core values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners, and colleagues to connect people and places to create better solutions. We respect our environment and focus on assisting local communities thrive by creating opportunities. We are curious and forward-thinking as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, We Care.
For further details please visit our website https://www.cowi.com/
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Senior Project Director Lars Juel Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant, Oliver Sommer at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
All we need from you is that you upload your CV in the link below. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hvem er COWI AS?
Våre ansatte er vår største ressurs: Det er våre ansatte som gjør prosjektene vellykkede. Hos COWI får du en unik mulighet til å lære av de beste og utvikle potensialet ditt, og du får delta i å forme fremtidens samfunn. Sammen med lederen din utarbeider du en plan for din egen utvikling, og du får muligheten til å bygge på din kompetanse i både lokale og globale prosjekter fra dag til dag.
For mer informasjon, besøk www.cowi.no/om-oss