Local Unit & Position Description
We are searching for a highly motivated individual to take on the position as Veracity Commercial Manager to work on increasing number of opportunities in the market.
You hold the personality, skills, courage and motivation to meet with newly appointed CDOs, well-established CIOs or Technical managers or other senior managers Maritime, Energy (incl. Oil/Gas) and other industries we serve. You enjoy discussing and educating them on how platform solutions and data can remove costly friction and unlock the potentials of data residing in silos
We are looking for a candidate who will drive platform uptake and commercial growth for Veracity.
The Veracity team consists of dedicated digital entrepreneurs with complimentary talents & skill sets, eager to scale the platform with impact in the market. The position is located within the commercial department and reports to the Managing Director of DNV GL Veracity.
- Responsible for target, prioritize and execute sales to ensure platform uptake towards industry players - in close cooperation with DNV GL Business Areas
- Manage and coordinate sales funnel and CRM process and systems customers in close cooperation with the other platform departments
- Measure and monitor customer satisfaction, capture and recommend future platform functionality advancement from key customers.
- Accountable for reaching individual platform revenue and other platform uptake target KPI’s
- Supporting key Business Areas platform KPIs and revenue targets
- You understand the cash flow and “power balances” between companies and industry bodies in the Oil & Gas industry with specific focus on IOCs/NOCs, TSOs, rig operators, system integrators, Class Societies, OEMs, Yards etc.
- Background, network and high credibility among senior stakeholders in the Oil & Gas industry
- You have minimum 5 years of relevant experience from one or more of our key industries, preferably from customer oriented positions within digital/advisory/operation
- You have a broad and in-depth knowledge of several core operational processes within Oil & Gas business and some of its systems/ IT architectures, so that you understand both our customers’ in-built inefficiencies, and where data and platform enabled solutions will drive down cost.
- Experience from one or more of the following areas is a benefit:
- Complex issue based sales processes and proposal writing from advisory services, preferably involving multi-disciplinary technical and management deliveries
- Digital platforms and development of digital services value propositions
- Experience from technical sales, preferably from cloud based platform software
The position is on local terms in Norway.
As a unit, Veracity consists of five departments; Commercial, Technical development and operations, Platform Services & onboarding, Finance and Support systems and Content/Digital marketing.
Being a natively born digital unit, automation and scalability, self-service and frictionless transactions will be designed into platform functionality and processes, allowing the unit to stay customer centric, lean and efficient. To ensure a speedy time-to-market process, Veracity is working closely with DNV GL’s business areas and corporate functions as well as third party providers to ramp up its capabilities, support systems and back office functions and systems.
The unit’s product is Veracity, an open and secure multi sided industry market place and data platform facilitating frictionless connections between different industry players, domain experts and data scientists through exchange of datasets, APIs, applications and insigh
We are now manning up the unit and are searching digital entrepreneurs across the company.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.