Local Unit & Position Description
We are looking for a UX researcher that can help us with the digital cloud transformation for our existing software products within the oil and gas, energy, and maritime industries. User experience is central to our transformation and this is a great opportunity to shape and impact the future customer journey of DNV GL’s main software products.
You are passionate and curious about people and how they interact with technology. You can do in-depth research using various methods/tools and are equally good at analyzing and finding meaning in data. You can translate the data in a way that build empathy for our users.
You will be part of a global team of UX designers, engineers and product managers and work across different industries gathering insight into our customer pains and gains to help drive business development and drive the design process.
- Propose, Plan and conduct user research based on the understanding of current products, users and customers.
- Analyze research result and convert them into understandable insights that inform and drive the design and decisions.
- Personas development, User journey mapping, task analysis, workflow mapping, etc.
- Organize all research documentation into a research archive.
- Create standard framework for regular user feedback for our products.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS/BE degree within relevant fields such as Human Computer Interaction, Data science, Cognitive science, Psychology, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt communication according to audience.
- Self-motivated and collaborative.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods, user-centered design and methodologies.
What can we offer?
- A friendly working environment with great colleagues who value teamwork and support.
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance.
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development and a meaningful purpose.
- An exciting role with big impact on DNV GL products across different industries.
- Cooperation and experience sharing with other UX designers around the globe.
- Interesting and challenging tasks.
- Attractive salary and benefits package.
- Competitive pension program.
- For more information please contact: Geir Langmo, Geir.Langmo@dnvgl.com.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids and more.
We are looking for a UX Researcher with experience, passion and skills to help our company on its digital journey.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.