The position, which is located in our head office in Lysaker Norway, will lead and support transformation and digitalization projects across the Wallenius Wilhelmsen group. You will be working to transform the way we do business across all WalWil business units, defining logistics for a world in motion. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help design and build the future of logistics for a world in motion.
We’re currently searching for an experienced agile project manager to join our ranks as a Transformation Manager with the Group Transformation Office team in Oslo. The Group Transformation Office is responsible for driving initiatives to simplify and harmonize processes across all parts of Wallenius Wilhelmsen.Together with business owners we identify, prioritize and drive strategic change initiatives to optimize or disrupt the business. You should have a strong talent for project coordination and management. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to make a change and help transform the way of work, and love the possibilities offered by new technology. This is a global role reporting to the VP in the Group Transformation Office. Some traveling must be expected.
- Lead agile projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Take a lead role in identification and formulation of digital improvements, projects and initiatives, and coordination the project pipeline and execution. Coordinate and manage initial phase project assessments and execution.
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments
- Contribute with agile project methodology and managing of strategic projects
- Work with other project managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Manage interaction within the group, ensuring that we work together on common needs and leverage best practices
- Support the group Strategy and M and A team and all group companies with project management capacity and competence for key strategic and improvement projects within all functional areas
- Manage and drive communication of digitalization process and initiatives to relevant stakeholders internally and externally
- Higher education, preferably a degree in business administration and/or within technology
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in relevant industry or management consulting or digital innovation and large business transformation projects
- Highly developed project management skills with agile methodology and capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously, as well as ability to lead and participate in teams and projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good understanding of current state of technological developments within internet of things, cloud solutions, data analytics, robotic process automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Hands on experience can be an advantage.
- Very good communication skills; able to communicate and present complex issues in a clear and understandable way to – and cooperate with all different levels of the organization
- Cross cultural understanding; ability to function in a cross-cultural environment and be able to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Fluent in written and spoken English
A successful candidate for this position will possess the following:
To succeed in the role, it is essential that you are organized, thorough and able to work effectively under pressure. You should have a growth mindset and see challenges and change as a motivator to increase effort and learning. You have good interpersonal skills and strong ability to lead and participate in teams and projects. You have a team-oriented attitude and a pragmatic and professional nature. You adjust quickly to new situations and can navigate in complex environments. Through various projects, you will develop a global network at all levels of the organization, and it is therefore essential that you have cross-cultural understanding and are able to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization.
- An independent role as a project manager responsible for strategic transformational projects
- Good understanding of the shipping and logistics industry from the inside
- The opportunity to build a global network, including at a senior management level
- A solid foundation for future management and specialist positions in Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Hvem er Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean?
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk across the world. The company operates around 130 vessels servicing about 15 trade routes to six continents, and operates a global inland distribution network, 77 processing centers, and 13 marine terminals.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group consist of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. The group is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with 7.500 employees in 29 countries worldwide. The company has a strong environmental focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts on the environment. Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA is listed at the Oslo Stock Exchange and is among the 10 largest shipping logistics companies globally.