Arvatos customers trust that their transactions are professionally, consistently, and efficiently by modern software systems with high-quality standards. To achieve this they are using Test Automation Engineers to conduct automated testing. A Test Automation Engineer at Arvato develops software for testing: tools, frameworks, and automated tests and focuses primarily on automation for running tests quickly and repeatedly. Test Automation is a software product: just as front-end developers write web pages and back-end developers write microservices, Test Automation Engineer write automated scripts.
Test Engineers usually get recognized for their deep product knowledge and test/quality domain expertise and are focused on what should be tested. Test Automation Engineer is originally a software engineer or a tester with deep infrastructure development and tooling expertise and can build the frameworks and packages required to implement automation, and this is what Arvato is looking for in their new Test Automation Engineer.
You will be part of the tech lab at Arvato that has 15 teams working with different capabilities and products, counting more than 100 dedicated software developers. In Oslo, they have the ambition to be 60 people within the tech lab during 2021. The teams in Oslo are responsible for products within eCommerce, invoice, and recurring payments. They are also working with Arvato's developer portals, application platforms, and APIs. Each team has 3-5 developers, a product owner, and a test automation engineer. You will be part of a product team working with capabilities within invoice and payments and you will be responsible to build the test tools, framework, and scripts necessary for your team. There are 10-12 Test Automation Engineers at Arvato in total.
Following technologies are central for the position:
- Postman, Specflow, RestSharp, Rest Assured, Cucumber, Robot Framework, Cypress, Allure Reports
- Azure DevOps, Azure insights, Docker, Kubernetes
- JMeter, HP LoadRunner
- Microservices, API
- Create both automated and manual tests to cover all levels of the test pyramid and Quality Assurance
- Prototyping, designing, planning, implementing, and maintaining automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools
- Lead the creation of test cases using your own technical analysis of functional specifications
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing; enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements, reports on system quality, and collects metrics on test cases
- Analyzing failures and determining root cause, filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- Provision Virtual test Environments to test Products in isolation and generate Reports
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and design automation solutions, and communicating Test Automation benefits to stakeholders including cost-benefit analysis
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that the code developed is testable
- Work as part of cross-functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality
- Has at least 3 years experience in automation and manual testing across a few different projects and technologies
- Proficient in automation test tools and frameworks (e.g. UFT, Postman, RestSharp, Rest Assured, Robot Framework, Cypress, Allure, Reports, BDD tooling (Cucumber.js, Specflow, jBehave)
- Are at a good level of skill in coding in one of the programming language named above and are willing to learn more in your new position
- Are capable of building Automation test frameworks from scratch
- Has experience developing/testing complex API interfaces
- Has experience working with CI, Dependency Management, and Source Control tools
- Has experience working with Micro-services and have knowledge about continuously implementation/Dev-Ops
- Are proficient in English, written and verbal
As a person, you are:
- And you take initiative
- Start date: Flexible, with consideration of the notice period.
- Work extent: Full time. Employed by Arvato Financial Solutions.
- Location: Kongens gate 6, Oslo.
- Contact information: This recruitment process is hosted by me, Julia at Academic Work. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to contact me.
- Our selection process is ongoing and therefore the advert may be closed before the recruitment process is complete if we have started screening or interviews.
Arvato provides financial services and has products within eCommerce, invoice, and recurring payments. Look at the video below and go to Arvato's webpage to find out more! Arvato is part of Bertelsmann, visit their YouTube-channel for more information.
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.