Description and duties
The ACS is an administrative unit with 12 employees. Tasks will range from troubleshooting common office software malfunctions and purchase of licenses, equipment, and mobile phones to management of SharePoint and CRM solutions. Follow-up of relevant suppliers will also be required. The technology officer will work closely with the ACS web and digital media advisor. The technology officer may be called upon to participate in the execution of other tasks as needed and according to the overall competencies of the Arctic Council Secretariat.
- Relevant University degree or equivalent higher education. Applicants with relevant work experience and early-career professionals with limited experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with providing IT support and implementing cloud solutions
- Experience with managing SharePoint Online solutions
- Proficiency with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 services
- Experience in facilitating information-sharing and collaboration between teams
- Experience with working in an international or multicultural environment
- Experience with archiving and document management
- Experience with a CMS solution and administration of websites
- Ability and desire to work with various forms of digital media
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Service-minded disposition, flexibility, and the ability to work independently
- Good ability to work in teams and in a task-oriented environment
- Good oral and written English
In accordance with the ACS staff rules, article 5.2, applicants for this position must be a citizen of one of the eight Arctic member states (Canada, Kingdom of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, United States, Sweden,
Russian Federation and Norway).
The appointment is a four-year contract with a six-month probation period. The contract may be prolonged for up to four years (eight years in total) if agreed to by the employer and the employee. The annual salary will be in accordance with the salary levels in the staff rules of the Arctic Council Secretariat (schedule B, level 1-2) on the basis of professional experience and qualifications. Membership in the Norwegian social security scheme as well as a private pension scheme will be provided.
The ACS offers a very good work environment with highly qualified and dedicated international colleagues with a passion for the Arctic. The ACS offers free phone and broadband, office subscriptions to newspapers, and an optional one-hour weekly work out during work hours.
Additional details can be found in the ACS terms of reference, the staff rules, and the financial rules, all available on our website (www.arctic-council.org).
If you consider yourself the right candidate, you are invited to forward your resumé and a letter of interest (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, please include your full name and the phrase «ACS Technology officer 2018».
For further details and additional information, please contact the Office manager Mr. André Skrivervik, email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of applications is 8 April 2018.
Hvem er Arctic Council Secretariat?
The Arctic Council Secretariat (ACS) serves and supports the work of the Arctic Council, and in particular the Chairmanship of the Arctic Council. We are a team of 12 dedicated, international staff members, all with a passion for the Arctic. The ACS is moving into new offices during April 2018.