Description and duties
The ACS is an administrative unit with 13 employees. Tasks will range from troubleshooting common office software malfunctions and purchase of licenses, equipment, and mobile phones to more advanced work such as developing new SharePoint solutions, securing websites, and implementing the IT strategy. Follow-up with relevant suppliers will also be required. The technology officer will work closely with the ACS web and digital media advisor. The technology officer will be responsible for ACS archives, including SuperOffice.
The technology officer may be called upon to participate in the execution of other tasks as needed and according to the overall competencies of the Arctic Council Secretariat.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant University degree or equivalent education is required
- Experience with IT support, cloud solutions, and website administration
- Proficiency in developing and managing SharePoint
- Experience in facilitating information-sharing and collaboration between teams
- Experience with Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, and SuperOffice
- Experience with working in an international or multicultural environment is an advantage
- Early-career professionals with limited experience are also welcome to apply
- Ability and desire to work with various forms of digital media
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Service-minded disposition, flexibility, and the ability to work independently
- Good ability to work in teams and in a task-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written English
In accordance with the ACS staff rules, article 5.2, applicants for this position must be a citizen of one of the eight Arctic member states (Canada, Kingdom of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, United States, Sweden, Russian Federation and Norway).
The appointment is a four-year contract with a six-month probation period. The contract may be prolonged for up to four years (eight years in total) if agreed to by the employer and the employee. The annual salary will be in accordance with the salary levels in the staff rules of the Arctic Council Secretariat (schedule B, level 1 2 (NOK 465 852 548 175) on the basis of professional experience and qualifications. Membership in the Norwegian social security scheme as well as a private pension scheme will be provided. Additional details can be found in the ACS terms of reference, the staff rules, and the financial rules, all available on our website (www.arctic-council.org).
If you consider yourself the right candidate, you are invited to forward your resumé and a letter of interest (as a PDF) to email@example.com.
In the subject line of your e-mail, please include your full name and the phrase “ACS technology officer 2018”.
For further details and additional information, please contact the office manager Mr. André Skrivervik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for receipt of applications is 26 January 2018. We would like the technology officer to start as soon as possible.
Hvem er Arctic Council Secretariat?
The Arctic Council Secretariat (ACS) serves and supports the work of the Arctic Council, and in particular the Chairmanship of the Arctic Council. We are a team of 12 dedicated, international staff members, all with a passion for the Arctic. The ACS is moving into new offices during April 2018.