Local Unit & Position Description
Come join us build the future of digital business: a great opportunity for a Technical Product Owner!
Veracity's mission is to develop, operate and attract customers to an open digital platform and ecosystem. Our customers are asset owners and analytic service providers within the maritime, energy, oil and gas industries.
The core product of the unit is Veracity, designed to help companies unlock, qualify, combine and prepare data for analytics and benchmarking. Veracity will give customers access to industrial applications and data analytics services that can help them make better use of their data. Take a look at this 2 minutes introduction video!
Veracity today has 1,5 million service subscriptions from more than 150.000 users in more than 15.000 companies. Over 180 services are available in this ecosystem today, and it is growing rapidly!
You will be a part of an international, cross-functional team of 70+ engaged colleagues that provide platform capabilities for the data industry. The technical product owner will exercise work in the Veracity for Providers team, on the Developers’ products. This is a team of total 6 team members plus the team lead.
Areas of responsibility include, not necessarily limited to;
- Working with product managers and stakeholders inside and outside of Veracity to understand high level objectives, ongoing product roadmaps, and transfer these into requirements for the team
- Transform functional and technical requirements into epics, features and user stories
- Work with the team to establish, refine and execute on the product backlog
- Be the primary contact person for the team for clarification of requirements in all DevSecOps processes
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience as software developer, product owner or solution architect
We are looking for a new colleague with the following personal qualities:
- You are a team player, agile, self-driven and thrive for opportunities to put your skills and personality to use to create value for customers
- You are able to see possibilities where others see obstacles
- You are not afraid to take the initiative, and are often asked to take the lead
- You are motivated by working with people with complementary skills
- You are goal driven and focused on achieving tangible results
- You are sociable, create a good atmosphere and recognize that feedback is the fuel of high performing team
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
We are located beautifully close to the sea and can offer a wide variety of benefits like sport clubs with access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis court etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” - to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process! We have company cabins and many social events and happenings.
Work location is at the company HQ just outside Oslo at Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen.
The position is on local terms in Norway.
We will start interviewing continuously when we will find suitable candidates.
For more information contact Torstein Kongshem (99161024) or Andreas Søvik (99311218).
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.