CHC has decades of experience in quickly mobilizing customer solutions anywhere in the world, including some of the most distant and challenging locations both on and offshore. CHC provides offshore transport on six continents and operates one of the most extensive search and rescue
(SAR) networks in the world with aircraft protecting offshore oil and gas workers in the North Sea, the Caspian Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, both sides of the Indian Ocean and the Timor Sea. CHC Helikopter Service (HS) Norway transports thousands of people to and from offshore oil and gas installations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and flies hundreds of SAR missions each year. The company is now seeking an experienced executive Technical Manager, who will create value by providing leadership to further develop CHC HS into a top-tier player in the Norwegian Offshore Helicopter market. This will include continuing development of competencies and governing documentation to advance the CHC HS safety and quality performance.
Located at Sola, the ideal candidate has strong leadership abilities within the areas of communication, relationship-building and execution. The candidate can demonstrate effective decision-making in a complex international business environment.
Candidates should bring relevant industry experience and competencies as required to be approved by the Norwegian CAA as an EASA Part M Postholder.
The Technical Manager is responsible for the management, compliance and continued improvement of the airworthiness including maintenance of the CHC HS helicopter fleet.
This will include (but is not limited to):
- Compliance with requirements from regulatory authorities, manufacturers, customers and CHC internally.
- Continuing improvement of the Part M contribution to the CHC HS safety and quality management system.
- Management and continuing development of the Part M organization.
MSc/BSc degree in engineering or aircraft maintenance technician qualification with relevant additional education
Work Experience and knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years of experience from the aeronautical industry.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety and quality standards as well as safe operating practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EASA Part M and -Part 145 requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably from a complex organization.
- Working experience of safety and quality management systems and governing documentation.
- Excellent English communication skills and Norwegian is an advantage.
- Proactive leadership and extensive teamwork skills.
- An effective consensus-builder, with proven success in leading organizations and managing external and internal relations.
- Efficient communicator and decision-maker.
- Strategic thinker, combined with hands-on management and leadership.
- Ability to relate short-term actions to long-range plans.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
Main relationships: The role will report to the CHC Global Director of Maintenance and Engineering and functionally to the General Operations Manager and Accountable Manager of the CHC HS AOC.
Travelling: Some travel is required
Compensation: To be discussed
Send your application to email@example.com