Local Unit & Position Description
The main responsibility as a Team Leader will be to deliver certification processes according to Marine Stewardship Council Fisheries (MSC Fisheries) and Responsive Fisheries Management (RFM).
As Team Leader within DNV GL, the preferred candidates will have the opportunity to work in a world leading professional environment and be exposed to and trusted with complex projects with global reach. They will be responsible to involve and collaborate with fishery experts for the assessment processes, consult with relevant stakeholders in the industry, collaborate with research environments, NGOs, political environments and governments internationally. They will reach a broad, international network within the industry, as well as to acquire a strong and competence level within the fisheries industry as a whole.
We are primarily looking for individuals who are familiar with the MSC Fisheries Standard and/or RFM with experience and knowledge of primary fisheries management with knowledge about International Law and Oceans and Fisheries Governance, Ecosystem-based management, Fisheries research and management, quantifiable research methods, costal planning and governance. In addition, show good understanding of Stock - and Environmental Management.
- University degree in fisheries or marine conservation biology, or natural resources or environmental management
- Significant experience within management or research experience in a marine conservation biology or fisheries, natural resources or environmental management position
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in applying different types of interviewing and facilitation techniques.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English
- Willing to travel internationally
- Experience with Certification business and documented audit experience and/or project management
- Ability to apply knowledge of auditing techniques in the gathering of information
- Knowledge and ability to follow guidance on auditing provided in ISO 19011.
- Qualification within MSC Fisheries Standard and/or RFM standards. Have undertaken at least 2 MSC fishery assessments or RFM assessments in the last 5 years.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to interpret scientific data relating to stock assessments and/or fishery impacts on the ecosystem
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the types of management system(s) and laws applicable to the wide range of fisheries
- Relevant experience from fishery authorities//industry/research/environmental NGOs
We are looking for autonomous people who are passionate when it comes to ensuring quality and sustainability in the seafood industry. You will have the opportunity to discuss and find solutions to complex challenges and develop yourself both professionally and personally in a collaborative environment.
- Highly self-going and structured
- Hard working and dedicated
- Good communicator who can work as part of a larger team
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented with a flexible attitude
- Open and ready to embrace change
- Experienced networker
Location: Region North Europe, Region West South East Europe, Region South East Asia and Pacifics
Please submitt your Resume in English language.
Interviews will be held on an on-going basis. Please note we may close this position earlier in case of finding successful candidates.
HR Manager, Global Units
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.