Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL in Stavanger is a growing office of highly skilled people in a fine mix of ages starting at 25.
We work in an open office environment allowing for collaboration across the diverse areas of expertise.
To provide our customers with the best results we encourage open-minded thinking in an informal, social working environment. We support the idea of “refilling” our energy tanks and therefore we enjoy 30 days of vacation annually, and a variety of social arrangements and different leisure activities.
The Field Verification & Inspection Technology (FVIT) unit in Stavanger is part of the Pipelines, Materials & Testing unit, a technology heavy unit with a long and proud history. The FVIT team consist of 18 experts within risk-based field verification, quality surveillance/inspection, advanced NDT/AUT method evaluations/qualifications, material and welding. We deliver services globally in the oil & gas industry by use of permanent employees and hired in resources. We aim to set the industry standard within our strategic areas.
All the unit’s activities are based around our strategic behaviors: Be CURIOUS. Think BIG. DELIVER. We believe these are behaviors that will help us succeed in a market where new knowledge and new relationships forms the basis for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, including review of documentation, and reporting
- Planning of activities
- Inspection co-ordination
- Client contact and follow-up
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
- Contribute to section goals
- Contribute to lessons learned, sales etc.
- HSE & Q focus
We are looking for a senior surveyor that is motivated to be a part of our successful team. As the successful candidate, you should have a good knowledge of welding and preferably also NDT techniques and / or coating processes.
You should know the drivers in the Oil & Gas industry and be familiar with activities and processes related to manufacturing and fabrication of components and structures for the offshore industry and methods for inspection, testing and quality control of assets for the Oil & Gas upstream industry.
You are proactive, visible and thorough, and is good at prioritizing, especially towards clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-10 years relevant work experience
- Welding qualification according to NS 477 or equivalent
- NDT level 2 certificates according to ISO 9712 or equivalent
- Knowledge of coating processes
- Project management / coordination experience
- Oil & Gas knowledge and experience
- Fluent English & Norwegian is required
- Good technical understanding
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Solution-oriented, structured, accurate and systematic
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities
- Commitment to DNV GL’s values and expectations
What we offer:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the sea at Stavanger
Be CURIOUS. Think BIG. DELIVER.
For detailed information please contact:
Dawn Pamphlett, Head of Section, Field Verification & Inspection Technology, +47 97676682
Head of Section, Field Verification & Inspection Technology
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.