Local Unit & Position Description
If your ambition is to make a real difference and seek opportunities beyond business, this could be the perfect start for your career.
Our Managers in DNV GL are now looking for students for our summer jobs this summer.
Managers will select summer students based on their business needs aligned with your education, experience and background. Please indicate your master program specialization and/or main area of study during the application process.
We are looking for students with relevant knowledge and competence. We trust our summer students to help us keep our business up and running during the summer and make our projects proceed according to plan. We are primarily looking for 3rd and 4th year students with relevant Master Program specialization from:
- Marine Technology
- Hydrodynamics & Structure, Construction
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Technology, Subsea
- Petroleum Geoscience and Engineering, Geotechnical
- Environmental Science
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Cybernetics, Robotics, Electronic
- Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
- Safety & Risk Management
- Marine biology
- Computer Science, Information Science, Data science
- Health economics
- Health analytics
- Industrial Economics and Technology Management
- Finance, HR
We believe you have a passion for science and technology and can identify yourself with our values, purpose and standards. It is important to us that you fit well into the organization and work environment.
We are looking for candidates with as many as possible of the following qualities:
- Quick learner and data smart
- Open-minded and curious
- Self-driven and willing to share
- Flexible and service-minded
- Structured and systematic
- Able to work both individually and in teams
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- What we can offer:
- Valuable and real-life experience through our projects
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Meet other young professionals through established networks and informal events
- Well-equipped exercise center (Høvik)
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities
- Hard work but also lots of fun
- Building a professional network
Previous summer students have experienced the summer jobs in DNV GL to be an excellent opportunity to get to know DNV GL as a workplace while obtaining valuable and real-life work experience. At Høvik - enjoying an ice cream at the beach with great colleagues is another benefit!
Please upload your application letter, CV and grade certificate in our application tracking system (iCIMS). All documents should be in English, if possible. Students without this information will not be considered.
Our managers will select and recruit from 16 February to 8 March. The process will be closed on 31 March.
Welcome to DNV GL!
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.