Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Be a doer within Structural and Marine design and analyses
- Perform engineering tasks related to marine engineering and operations, i.e. fabrication and assembly methods, load-out, sea transportation (wet tow, barge and HTV), heavy lift operations inshore and offshore, load transfer operations etc.
- Discipline interface towards other disciplines, T&I contractors, subcontractors, marine warranty surveyor and client
- Perform all types of structural FE analyses
- Perform hydrostatic/stability, hydrodynamic and mooring analyses
- Perform conceptual and detail design including innovative work
- Design of temporary steel for marine operations, e.g. grillage & sea-fastening, lift points, guides & bumpers etc.
- Write engineering reports
- Broad use of IT-tools
Education and work experience:
- Master Degree – Structural and Marine engineering, Naval architecture
- 5-10 years experience
- Relevant project experience within structural and marine engineering
- Experience within both Offshore Wind and Oil & Gas Marine operations
- Experienced in all types of structures, beams, plates and shells, structural linear and non-linear FE analyses, and design
- Experienced in hydrodynamic design, structural dynamics design and analyses
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of methods for structural design and marine operations
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for structural design and marine operations
- Experienced, proactive and informative
- Competence and interest in conceptual work and development with the associated document development
- Be a team player and be able to work independently and take lead
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Good Norwegian and English skills, both oral and in writing
- High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables in the form of decisions, recommendations and necessary documentation to close tasks
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a high loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
- Is proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Is identifying him-/herself with Aibel's company values; open, flexible, responsible and visionary
What we offer:We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.