Standards, code, safety and regulations
We seek s a Standard and Certification Engineer to work in our skilled and cross-disciplined product development team with mechanical and electronic design engineers. We work with products from idea, concept, design, industrialization, verification and certification through launch. We have a broad product specter that involves mechanics, electronics and software disciplines within locks, safes and complete security system. The products are developed in Sweden and Norway, manufactured in China and are being assembled in our assembly facility in Shanghai.
The position is in our hardware development team in Ski, Norway that focuses on new products as well as maintenance of existing products. The position is permanent employment.
- Increase the company’s knowledge about worldwide applicable product regulatory requirements/standards, and be or become our expert in this field
- Manage and handle all tests and approvals being performed at certifying bodies
- Be a link between certification agencies, product developers and product managers
- Be a part of the development team and participate in test setup and certification process
- Propose measures to ensure that the existing product portfolio as well as new products fulfil all relevant regulatory requirements
- Support and give input, within the field of standards and regulations, to your colleagues
- Be responsible for the compliance process
- Master / Bachelor degree in electronical design
- You have a good technical understanding and experience from working with electronics-based products
- Well-structured and organized in daily work
- As a person you are thorough and communicative
- Good skills in oral and written English
- Good skills in oral and written Norwegian language is preferred
- You are already an expert OR You have a desire to become an expert within Standards and regulations (e.g. RoHS, REACH, FCC/IC, UL and EN)
- Solution oriented with a practical sense.
- Good to conclude and finalize tasks
- Strong team player with ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel when required (no extensive travel scheme is expected)
- An exciting position in an industry-leading global company
- You will be involved throughout the full lifecycle of our products – from idea to launch and series production
- Interesting, demanding and independent work tasks
- An informal working environment with enthusiastic and engaged colleagues
- Good pension and insurance schemes
Hvem er ASSA ABLOY?
ASSA ABLOY Hospitality AS (formerly VingCard Elsafe) helps our partners serve over 5 million guests, residents and users every single day. As the global leader in hospitality security technology, the company provides innovative solutions to properties where multiple people stay and where access rights are centrally controlled and managed.