PGS is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Geophysical R & D team in Oslo. You will join a well-seasoned and dynamic team situated in the company headquarters in Oslo. In this position you will create and maintain new software for the processing and quality control of seismic data.
- Collaborate with geophysicists engaged in the development of geophysical algorithms.
- Carry out software programming for geophysical applications related to current and future seismic acquisition technologies.
- Liaise with the wider PGS software engineering community to ensure that PGS programming standards are followed and to promote code reuse.
- Contribute to software upgrades and bug fixes of existing technology developed in the project
- Contribute to the preparation, QC and the release of technical papers for publication or presentations
- Contribute to training sessions and workshops as part of the release of new products developed
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge level
Skills and competencies
- Experience of Linux environment
- Working knowledge of C++, possibly Java. Additional C/Fortran would be helpful
- Knowledge of some of the following areas: gnu/Intel compilers and analysis tools, build tools (make/Gradle), revision control (we use git), performance optimization, profiling, multithreading, MPI, I/O
- Awareness of modern methodologies such as OOD, SOLID, TDD
- Prepared to demonstrate good teamwork practices, responsibility and high integrity
- Interest in applying analytical skills. Knowledge of Maths or Physics would be advantageous.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and staff.
We welcome Software Engineers from all industry backgrounds and candidates without extensive oil and gas industry experience.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Challenging development opportunities
Hvem er Petroleum Geo-Services - PGS?
PGS is a leading marine geophysical company. We provide 3D images and models of the subsurface that oil companies rely on to find oil and gas reserves. Our business is technology driven. Our services include seismic acquisition, imaging, data interpretation, and field evaluation. Our fleet of seismic acquisition vessels is the youngest and most advanced in the industry. While we are a Norwegian company, with headquarters in Oslo and around 15 offices worldwide, including London and Houston, our employees and working environment are highly international. Offshore and onshore, PGS employs around 1250 people comprising over 60 nationalities. English is our working language.