Experis is Norway’s largest consultancy and recruitment company with over 850 consultants. We offer highly qualified consultants, recruiting and project solutions within the fields of Engineering, Finance and IT. Our Experis Executive Division recruits leaders and key personnel in the private and public sector. Among our clients you will find over 90 percent of Norway’s leading companies. Experis is a company in ManpowerGroup and is voted one of the world’s most ethical companies.
As a consultant in Experis, you will have instant access to a wide range of challenging positions and project assignments. With us, you can build your career and we will help you achieve your goals on short and long term through our national and global network. Visit us at www.Experis.no
The Software Engineer will be involved in development of new software packages, bootloadrs, device drivers, distribution and build automation. She/he reports functionally to the Engineering Leader. In general, the Software Engineer will be involved in all phases from early phase customer discussions through to development, delivery projects and aftermarket. Focus will mainly be on software/electronics for subsea electrical actuators and control system, but other tasks within the subsea controls domain can also be relevant.
- Identify customers requirement (technical / products problems, execution issues) and bring effective solutions
- Development, maintenance and testing of firmware for microcontrollers used in actuators products as per client’s standards and global practices
- The engineer is responsible to secure code quality through continuous development of specifications, test routines and validation activities
- Approve SW and FW for release in production and for legacy products
- Create/Review/Approval of engineering Parts/Documents/Procedures/Study Reports/Design/Requirement as per guidelines and authorization
- Provide support to Onshore and Offshore operations
- Evaluate consequences, manage risk and make own decisions based on knowledge and experience for projects
- Estimate and control duration, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, be accountable for delivery
- Identify changes, opportunities and cost savings for tasks assigned
- Highlight issues and/or bottlenecks to Project manager on a timely manner to allow for recovery
- Suggest and develop recovery plans when needed, in cooperation with project manager
- Identify, log and highlight operational and technical risk in projects
- University Degree within Software engineering, Electrical, Cybernetics, Mechatronics, Electronics
- and Telecommunication. Equivalent degree with the required qualification can be also considered
- Embedded software development on AVR, ARM and DSP microcontrollers
- Development and maintenance of Hardware Abstraction Layers
- Experience with 8/16 bits and 32 bits architectures
- C/C++, and script languages like Python, Shell
- TCP/IP, SSL/SSH communication and web service development
- Familiar with different kinds of Real Time Operating Systems or Unix
- English fluent verbal and written. Norwegian or other Nordic languages are an advantage
- 2-10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of CAN Modbus, ethernet protocols
- Experience with motor control (Brushless DC Motors, servos etc)
- Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
For more information please contact us for an informal conversation or send an application.
We look forward to hearing from you
- Experis offers a collaboration to offer you a range of challenging projects to develop your experience and be a collaborator for your career growth
- We offer competitive conditions, pension and insurance policy and a strong social environment.
- You will have your own mentor and be offered career guidance in addition you will receive access to free training courses.
- You will also have the opportunity to attend social events in addition to discount on gym memberships, bank and insurance, studies and healthcare