On behalf of our collaborator, Shearwater, Academic Work is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer. Shearwater is positioned as a world-leading company in geophysical services and provides innovative 3D and 4D marine seismic data, imaging products and data processing software.
Due to the company's growth, we are now looking for ambitious and competent talents who are interested in developing and delivering complex real-time seismic acquisition systems, handling large data volumes, processed through cutting edge technology.
Interested in what colleagues say about working at Shearwater? Read about it here.
Why apply to Shearwater?
- International and rapidly growing company
- Good development opportunities that match your ambitions
- Highly skilled colleagues
- An open and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
Shearwater has set the tone as the ambitious player in the geophysical contracting industry, and this innovative attitude pervades all levels within the company. The company's research, engineering and production team has several decades of experience in developing groundbreaking technologies in the industry, and as a Software Engineer, you will therefore take part in a strong professional and competent environment. With a "learning by doing" approach, you will learn from the best - your highly skilled colleagues, focusing on: sensors, software, electronics, mechanics and geophysical signal analysis.
- Develop and deliver functional software according to project requirements as set out in user stories
- Interaction with users and clients
- Follow best practices for code development such as unit tests and test-driven development
- Communicate with the different disciplines in the project team
We are looking for graduate students, who
- Have fulfilled or are graduating from a master or bachelor program in spring 2021 within engineering, computer science, Math, Physics, Geodesy, Cybernetics, or related field
- Have experience in Object Oriented Software development using C++ or Java this can have been gained from school or private projects
- Have experience in scripting languages, such as Python, Perl or similar
- Good understanding of networks will be an advantage
- Good spoken and written English and communication skills
Are you graduating spring 2021? We are looking forward to seeing your application!
As a person you are
- Result orientated
- Start date: As soon as possible, or after agreement
- City: Oslo
- Fulltime position, staffing 6 months
Application deadline: Ongoing
Contact information: This recruitment process is handled by Academic Work in collaboration with Shearwater. You will by hired by Academic Work and all questions regarding the process should be sent to Academic Work.
We are continuously working with the process and the advert can be closed before the recruitment process is finished if we have started screening and interviewing candidates.
Hvem er Academic Work?
Vi i Academic Work jobber med å finne karrieremuligheter til young professionals – personer som er i starten av sin karriere eller ønsker å bytte karrierevei. Young professionals er vår nisje, vårt ekspertområde og en målgruppe vi tror sterkt på. Vi er et internasjonalt selskap med 20 års erfaring. Hittil har vi hjulpet 120.000 personer i jobb, og bare i Norge tilbyr vi over 1.200 karrieremuligheter i året.