Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, 3D visualization, automation and autonomous operations.
We are now looking to expand our 3D visualization team in Asker.
The team serves as a competence center for industrial real-time 3D visualization, available for all product lines in KONGSBERG. We maintain a vertical technology stack that delivers real-time 3D rendering on multiple platforms, with a strong focus on software architecture, modern graphics pipeline utilization, domain-specific APIs and maintaining a high quality codebase. The team currently consists of 12 software developers.
Two examples of our projects:
As part of the team, you will
- Work with integrating 3D visualization with new and existing products in the KONGSBERG portfolio.
- Maintain and develop a modern technology stack for 3D rendering on multiple platforms, including desktop, web and VR.
- Participate in prototyping new products and experimenting with new technologies.
- Work with experts in 3D rendering and cooperate with colleagues having world-leading technical competence within KONGSBERGs many product areas.
- Get colleagues that will challenge you, and help you grow.
We are looking for a talented software engineer with relevant experience such as:
- Strong programming skills, pride in making clean code, interest in software architecture.
- Experience with 3D graphics programming is a plus, with technologies like Direct3D, OpenGL, WebGL, Vulcan, Metal, GLSL, HLSL, CUDA, OpenCL, GPGPU, Unity, Unreal Engine, VR and AR.
- A MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, possibly a B.Sc. combined with experience and/or strong talent.
What do we offer?
- Meaningful work. The software you create will affect the safety and performance of real-world operations worldwide.
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative high tech company.
- Career opportunities and personal development.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
- An exciting journey.
If you have source code published on GitHub or similar, please include a link in your job application. Applications will be handled on an ongoing basis.
Sounds exciting? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Hvem er Kongsberg Digital (KDI)?
KONGSBERG is a knowledge-based technology group developing systems and solutions for the maritime, offshore, energy, satellite, defense and aerospace industries. Founded 200 years ago, the corporation has continued to transform itself through paradigm shifts in the industry ecosystem and society at large. During the last decades, the group has played a key role in internationalizing the Norwegian core industries by bringing to market advanced and reliable technology solutions improving safety, security, and performance in complex operations under extreme conditions; from deep sea to outer space. Now in the Industry 4.0 paradigm, KONGSBERG utilize its strengths to develop new solutions based on cloud computing, the Industrial Internet of Things, and the exponential impact of cyber-physical systems, artificial intelligence and higher-level autonomy solutions. Today we are 7000 colleagues in 30 countries working in close partnerships with customers and research groups worldwide. We are rooted in our core values determined, innovative, reliable and collaborative.