DNV GL Energy is working throughout the power sector value chain as a technical and strategic advisor for public and private clients. Our consultants are based in a number of global locations engaging locally with the client while utilizing our global competence base within transmission and distribution, solar, wind, smart solutions/digitalization, transaction advisory, risk management and energy markets/regulations.
The Oslo team is now searching for Senior Energy and Innovation Consultants. You will be part of a strong team that is highly motivated by helping clients navigate the energy transition. We are looking for new team members that have a particularly strong profile within power markets, power economics, new energy technologies, deal advisory and/or business consulting. You are an experienced consultant or industry professional that has developed core competencies that will enable our clients to make the right choices in the complex change dynamics in the energy sector.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage consulting projects towards clients predominantly in the Nordics
- Analytics focused assignments related to power market design, electrification, business cases for emerging technologies, business development, strategy development and demand side flexibility
- Driving new initiatives and sales towards clients within relevant themes such as integration of renewables, “behind the meter” innovation, market design etc.
- Provide specialist input from your area of expertise across the global portfolio
- We are looking for a candidate that has the following qualifications:
- 8+ years professional experience from energy/power sector or consulting
- Track record of consulting or industry projects showing customer value creation
- Excellent English language skills, Fluent Norwegian or Swedish language skills
- Data driven and analytical
- Master’s degree/PhD in relevant subject – (a combination of technical and commercial/finance/macroeconomics degrees is particularly interesting)
- Strong academic results – preferably with a focus on finance, macroeconomics, power engineering or mathematics
- Good understanding of power markets/regulatory frameworks
- Very strong Excel skills (power market modelling and/or programming experience is a plus)
- Strong work ethics and willingness to take on new/challenging tasks
- Freedom to shape your own role while leveraging a global organization that is dedicated to having an impact on the energy system of the future
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues that are highly engaged in the energy transition, renewable energy and sustainability
- Competitive salary, attractive pension- and insurance schemes, 30 days annual vacation, company networks and sports and leisure activities with colleagues
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.