Local Unit & Position Description
Data is the raw material of the 21st century. It is the foundation and driver of the digital transformation and forms the basis of value creation. To accelerate our growth and development of new offerings to existing and new customers, we are consolidating our digital assets and resources in our new Digital Solutions organization.
We are setting up this new Business Area to further enrich and enhance DNV GL's offerings to our customers, and create a larger impact and competitive advantage for our company. The Digital Solutions organization will come from, and build on, different parts of our existing organization, and will consist of approximately 1000 digital experts, to leverage the full potential of the internet of things. The organization will optimize this expertise to meet the challenges of data quality and security, with our newly launched platform Veracity as the basis.
Digital Solutions will have a strong external focus, and our services will complement what the other Business Areas are doing towards our various markets. We will have a close dialogue with each of the other Business Areas to identify where Digital Solutions shall take lead in the market and open doors for other service offerings – and where we can benefit from the relations and positions we have in other Business Areas.
Purpose of the role:
Cyber Security forms a fundamental part of DNV GL's digital strategy and we are looking for a senior consultant with a background in control systems and cyber security to join a growing business unit.
The role will sit within a team that provides services into a number of different industries including Oil&Gas, Energy and Maritime. Services include: Process Review, Control Systems Verification, Vulnerability/Penetration Testing etc. The candidate will have a good understanding of cyber security and have a proven track record in the Operational Technology (OT) domain.
Senior/Principal Consultant will be expected to:
- Demonstrate excellent technical capability and process expertise.
- Scope out complex testing programmes/projects leveraging proven tools/techniques.
- Technically lead assigned projects, working closely with the Project Manager.
- Ensure client requirements are understood and that the project is delivered to fully meet these.
- Support presales and business development activities as required.
- Identifie new opportunities to deploy our skills and capabilities with our clients, drawing upon market knowledge, business understanding, client needs and technical expertise.
- Use appropriate methodologies and relays our approach and recommendations to customers.
- Search for, share and apply best practice working with industry/customers/colleagues.
- Explore and solve difficult client issues
- Direct and supervise the work of others where required.
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
A person on this position will be required to travel within Europe from time to time as part of the role.
- Background/experience in control systems and OT, with understanding and experience of control systems verification and testing.
- Knowledge and experience of Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing and penetration testing is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of/exposure to functional testing and device vulnerability scanning is highly desirable.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and/or similar Cyber Security credentials is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with OT processes/procedures, risk assessment, IEC62443 etc. will be of real benefit.
- Programming – Python, Java and use of Eclipse modelling framework will be useful.
- Can distil complex ideas/concepts and talk about them internally or at industry events/forums.
- Customer Centricity – is responsive to customers and able to extract their requirements/needs
- Effective communication - communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
- Innovation – brings new ideas to the table and helps to seek buy in/support for development of tools/services within Cyber Security.
- Business development – identifies and seizes market/customer opportunities; to drive unit growth.
- Execution - adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results. Able to juggle/manage conflicting work priorities.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.