We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with strong C# competence and good understanding of software design & architecture to join our team in Structure Ecosystem, DNV GL - Digital Solutions at Høvik.
Your primary responsibilities will be to be a software developer on some of our .NET based applications, part of the Sesam application suite. You will be involved in all parts of the development cycle, from planning and design, implementation, and testing. You appreciate the value of clean code, TDD, CI/CD, and the SOLID design principles. As our software relies on 3D visualization, knowledge about 3D graphics is a plus. As we are in the process of transitioning into the cloud, some knowledge about cloud technologies will also be an advantage.
Structure Ecosystem consists of 70 people in Norway, US, Poland and China who maintain, develop, and support the Sesam suite of programs covering design and analysis of structures within the maritime, offshore, and renewable industries. You will be part of a very motivated team of 15 professional software engineers, software testers, product managers, technical support engineers, and UX experts, who pride themselves in delivering high quality software, and you will get the opportunity to solve hard and interesting problems.
DNV GL - Digital Solutions was established in 2018 and has set out on an exciting digitalization journey. In this context, we are in the process of transforming our structural analysis software, Sesam, into a set of analysis services running on a shared cloud platform. Our strategy is to deliver a hybrid offering, cloud and desktop. In addition to having focus on hydro dynamic and structural simulations, Machine Learning, collaboration, and sensitivity analysis, are part of our roadmaps. Sesam has traditionally had a strong foothold within the Maritime and Oil & Gas industries. The later years, focus is on renewables and aquaculture.
- Development of Sesam HydroD, a desktop application for hydrodynamic analysis of floating offshore structures
- Development of Sesam Manager, a desktop application for orchestrating complex computations both on local computers and in the cloud
- Contribute to further develop our SaaS and PaaS solutions in Azure
- Contribute to cloud enabling our large collection of analysis software
- MSc or higher within Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of experience with professional software development
- Extensive experience with C# and the .NET framework
- Knowledge about software design principles and architecture
- Experience with 3D graphics
- Docker, is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD. We use Azure DevOps.
- Experience with MS Azure is an advantage
- Experience with other cloud vendors is a plus
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Competence development through individual development plans, including learnings from development communities and dedicated training programs
- Thorough on-boarding process
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Free commuter bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Scenic work environment by the sea at Høvik
- Social events and team building activities
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.