Are you inspired by the promise of precision medicine, while being aware of its challenges?
You are inspired by the promise of precision medicine, but are aware of the technological, analytical, ethical and organizational barriers hindering its effective implementation. You bring strategic and systems thinking approaches to the table to enable quality assurance and data sharing in this area. The ideal candidate has both big-picture understanding of personalized medicine and clinical genomics &/or bioinformatics.
The successful candidate will be a part of a unique multidisciplinary and international research team with the opportunity of influencing DNV GL’s Healthcare activities through developing and conducting research and innovation projects related to clinical genomics and bioinformatics and developing the foundation for potential third-party assurance services in this field.
Specifically, you will contribute to:
- the exploration of topics around data quality and the secure sharing of genomic and phenotypic data
- the exploration of feasible assurance regimes for clinical genomics processes while addressing data quality
- the development of solutions and data governance regimes for secure and responsible sharing of genomic information
- the identification and development of novel business models that could support a 3rd-party role for DNV GL in this area
- the identification of key technology trends related to bioinformatics, NGS and precision medicine
- engaging with key patient, research, clinical and policy stakeholders related to the use of NGS technology within precision medicine
- producing technical reports, scientific papers, non-technical reports and professional presentations
- guiding and supervising other team members, as well as collaborate with GTR and the wider healthcare environment globally across DNV GL
- building international networks to develop initiatives and projects including the development of funding international and national grant proposals
- lead or contribute to the scoping and writing of national and international grant proposals
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field to medicine, life sciences, or computer sciences with genomics or bioinformatics focus
- Demonstrated practical experience within clinical genomics or bioinformatics
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English
- Understanding of the legal barriers to national and global implementation of genomic medicine
- Experience with generation/successful research grant applications.
- Publication and conference presentation record
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in Norwegian
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- You are a strategic thinker
- You enjoy collaboration and ensure a system-wide approach in your work
- You are motivated to innovate and demonstrate competencies which value respect
- You performance excellence and adaptability to fast-changing environments
What we offer:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslo fjord
- CONNECT; network organization for employees
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.