CMR has over the last ten years built a strong R&D team within applied photonics. Due to an increasing demand for our services we are now looking to strengthening and expanding our team.
The main photonic measurement technologies we are currently focusing on are:
- Distributed fibre optical sensing
- Imaging and robust optics
The main application areas are currently within the energy and marine markets:
- Condition monitoring
- Water quality monitoring
- Fluid and flow characterisations and measurement
- Aquaculture monitoring
- Structural surveillance and 3D inspection
- Traffic monitoring (road and rail)
Our main academic partners are the University of Bergen (UiB) and the Norwegian University of Science & Technology (NTNU) while our industry customers are primarily within the energy, marine and transport sectors.
You will have the opportunity to shape your own work by participating in expanding the volume and direction of the group’s project portfolio.
- Participation and responsibility for idea and project development in close collaboration with industry customers and Norwegian and international public sector
- Proposal writing aimed at industry and at public funding bodies like the Research Council of Norway, Innovation Norway, EU’s Research and Innovation programmes (Horizon 2020), etc.
- Close project collaboration with industry and academia
- Publications and presentation in national and international fora, also peer-reviewed
- Preferably 5+ years’ work experience, however less experienced candidates will be considered
- Demonstrated strong capability of generating and executing R&D projects
- Experience with one or more of the key technologies the group is working with
- Skilled persons with a background in related disciplines as quantum and nonlinear optics, terahertz imaging, nanotechnology and optical communications are also encouraged to apply.
- Strong ability to develop ideas from concept through analysis to lab verification and prototyping
- Experience with R&D collaboration with industry and universities
- Preferably experience from the energy or marine sector
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Team spirited and able to motivate
- Proactive and seek out new possibilities
- Willing to adapt
- Good communication skills
- Motivated and solution-oriented
- Competitive salary
- Good pension and insurance plan.
- Varied and interesting work in an innovative environment.
- Company cottage in the mountains.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Jon Oddvar Hellevang
Scientist, CMR Science & technology
Marie Bueie Holstad
Hvem er Christian Michelsen Research AS (CMR) ?
Christian Michelsen Research AS (CMR) offers R&D services within measurement technology and advance signal processing to industrial customers world-wide. CMR provides expert services and develops solutions from idea to market in close collaboration with our clients.
CMR is a non-profit research institute located in Bergen (Norway) working at the intersection between academia and industry. We are currently in a merger process with four other Norwegian research institutions that will result in a powerful research foundation from January 1, 2018, counting more than 900 researchers.