In line with DNV’s position as a trusted voice to tackle global transformations, the DNV Supply Chain and Product Assurance division’s ambition is to shape the future of assurance through innovating, developing and growing assurance services in Digital, Supply Chain, Rail Transportation amongst many other areas.
Due to our growing Rail Transportation business, we’re now looking for a dynamic, growth focused Senior Consultant with proven experience in the Rail sector to join our Assessment and Advisory team in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Consultant to develop our business by taking to market our innovative portfolio of services across areas such as Independent Assurance, Advisory and Digital Rail.
You will get the opportunity to; win, lead and develop relationships with both new and existing customers; participate in a variety of technical projects; and support in obtaining rail accreditations in the fields of – NOBO, DEBO and ASBO-ISA.
When doing this, you will get the opportunity to engage with many of the leading companies and brands from the sector, and work in a team of forward-thinking, passionate professionals.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience performing the above functions or similar in the Rail sector;
- Experience in main companies within the sector will be a plus, as well as international experience;
- Advanced English speaker;
- Availability to travel locally and internationally;
- Availability to change residence, if required to attend national and/or international projects in the medium term.
Experience and knowledge in the following fields will be valued:
- Design, implementation, commissioning and maintenance of Rail Subsystems such as:
- Signalling and protection (ATP-ATO, particularly ERTMS system), electrification and overhead line, fixed and mobile telecommunications, centralised train control and regulation systems, etc.;
- Rolling stock;
- Rail infrastructure and superstructure;
- Consultant in rail projects such as:
- RAM and Safety Engineering;
- Verification and validation;
- Noise and vibration, EMC, ergonomics & human factor, running dynamics, LCC optimisation;
- Project management & Systems engineering;
- Operation and maintenance optimisation programmes and projects;
- Assessor/Lead Assessor in rail assurance projects such as:
- Notified body, designated body and assessment body;
- Independent safety assessments;
- Certification of safety management systems and entities in charge of maintenance;
- Railway product/process certification;
- 2nd/3rd party assessments, including auditing and inspection type of activities;
- Knowledge and exposure to rail rules and regulations (CENELEC, UNE-EN, UIC, TSI-NNTR, CSM, etc.);
- Experience in the application of technologies for rail innovation/digital transformation projects, as well as R&D projects.
- Loves working in a fast-moving, high-growth environment;
- Innovative & entrepreneurial;
- Proactive, flexible and collaborative work style;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the have the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and navigating change;
- Optimistic, mission-driven personality with a sense of urgency and “can do” attitude;
- Ability to achieve though others – strong influencing skills.
- Working in a dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties;
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields;
- Flexible place of work;
- Flexible working hours;
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training and advancement;
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition.
Do you have any questions?
For further information, please contact: Jorge Aldegunde, Railway Global Technical Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Representative's contact information:
Sveriges Ingenjörer: Anna.Berglund@dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world’s leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company’s management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.