Join the PGS Marine Technology product development team. Participate in developing the industry’s next step change in marine seismic acquisition systems.
PGS Marine Technology department is currently searching for a highly competent and knowledgeable Senior Project Engineer with product development background, preferably for seismic or marine applications. The position is based in our headquarters near Lysaker station.
- Lead or contribute to R&D projects / activities of medium to high complexity, all according to business needs and defined Performance Contract goals.
- Assist on sustaining of commercialized products / solutions.
- As a project leader he/she shall lead all project development phases including requirement specification, architecture design, execution, testing and validation through to commercialization.
- Establish contact with subcontractors and negotiate contractual terms and agreements.
- Continuously following up subcontractors and communicating with internal stakeholders.
- Follow PGS HSEQ Management policies and procedures.
- MSc or equivalent relevant higher education within the discipline of Marine Engineering, Marine Control Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Skills and competencies
- Expert understanding of own technical discipline and fair knowledge of related disciplines.
- Desire to learn and progress, with a strong focus on quality, efficiency and achieving high levels of client satisfaction.
- Creative, dynamic and good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Good skills in verbal and written English language.
- Stakeholder management.
The position is office based but domestic and international travels and short-term temporary work onboard the vessels may be required.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Challenging development opportunities
Please note PGS only accepts applications submitted via our online recruitment portal. If you wish to apply for this this position please selects the ‘Apply Now’ button to start the process.
Hvem er Petroleum Geo-Services - PGS?
PGS is a leading marine geophysical company. We provide 3D images and models of the subsurface that oil companies rely on to find oil and gas reserves. Our business is technology driven. Our services include seismic acquisition, imaging, data interpretation, and field evaluation. Our fleet of seismic acquisition vessels is the youngest and most advanced in the industry. While we are a Norwegian company, with headquarters in Oslo and around 15 offices worldwide, including London and Houston, our employees and working environment are highly international. Offshore and onshore, PGS employs around 1250 people comprising over 60 nationalities. English is our working language.