AKOFS Offshore is looking for key resources to join our well operations team in Norway
AKOFS Seafarer, our state-of-the-art offshore vessel designed to deliver complex subsea operations, will be performing year round Riserless Light Well Intervention operations on a 5 + 3 year contract commencing first half 2020. Building on a solid and well established organization, we are adding team members to ensure smooth commencement of operations and successful delivery of our services.
We are currently looking for:
Senior Project Engineer
As Senior Project Engineer you will participate in various upgrade and refurbishment projects on our existing and future vessels. Working with highly motivated and experienced colleagues you will contribute in engineering and design activities, coordination of third parties and subcontractors and follow-up projects until they are handed over to operations. The position will be located in Oslo.
- Support Engineering Managers within all areas related to material handling such as tower and deck operations, cranes, LARS or any other vessel system. This includes but is not limited to initial concept and system design, follow up of third parties on design work, fabrication, installation and testing.
- Responsible for specific work packages during new build/upgrade/refurbishment of the vessel.
- Provide relevant technical information, and in cooperation with procurement/legal negotiate contracts, establish budget, follow up costs and plans.
- Be a single point of contact with subcontractors following up project, handling interfaces to other packages and systems, following up into operation on vessel.
- Ensure technical safety is incorporated in engineering activities.
- Show flexibility and handle tasks and responsibilities specific for assigned projects.
- Execution and participation in design reviews, safety reviews and follow up meetings with sub vendors.
- Follow up subcontractors with regards to cost, schedule and delivery progress.
- Organize development of test and operational procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master of Science or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline (either mechanical, marine, petroleum, electro or similar). Lack of formal education can be compensated by relevant experience.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience from offshore projects.
- Demonstrated clear and effective communication skills in Norwegian and English.
- Presents good abilities to organize and structure work, can delegate tasks and follow up on their completion.
- Experience with use of CAD systems (Autocad and / or 3D CAD systems).
- Familiar with DnV Offshore Standards.
- Ability to finalize projects incl final documentation and handover to operation.
- Can handle challenging situations and operate in a fast pace working environment.
- An interesting and challenging position in a technology driven organization working with latest subsea and offshore solutions.
- Inspiring working environment and a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Professionally challenging tasks with good development opportunities.
- Centrally located office premises in Oslo and Stavanger.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package.
To apply, please send your CV to HR@AKOFSoffshore.com with “Senior Project Engineer” in the e-mail title.
Hvem er AKOFS Offshore?
AKOFS Offshore is a provider of vessel-based subsea well construction and intervention services to the oil and gas industry. The company has a highly competent and diverse organization, covering all phases from conceptual development to project execution and offshore operations. The head office is located in Oslo, with operational offices in Stavanger and Macaé (Brazil). The company operates three state-of-the-art vessels, AKOFS Seafarer, Skandi Santos and Aker Wayfarer, which are designed to perform operations in up to 3,000 meters of water. AKOFS Offshore has the competence and equipment needed to provide superior deepwater oilfield services to leading oil and gas producers and subsea service providers around the globe. The company is positioned to benefit from growth in the well intervention market.
In addition to currently announced vacancies, we will be looking for experienced and motivated team members to join AKOFS and be a part of vessel crew and onshore project organization. We aim to gradually man up during 2019 in preparation for offshore operations in 2020. Interested candidates can find more information about the various positions on AKOFS Career site http://www.akofsoffshore.com/hr/careers