Carbon Recycling International seeks a Senior Mechanical Engineer to deliver engineering service within the design, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation and commisioning phases of CRI‘s renewable methanol plants. The work includes diverse engineering work on static, rotary and reciprocating machinery, piping and valves. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary engineering team, which is responsible for the design of CRI’s ETL methanol production facilities. Applicants are asked to submit their application before midnight July 9th 2018.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Analysis, evaluation and selection of technical solutions for rotating mechanical equipment, such as gas compressors and pumps.
- Design and modelling of static mechanical equipment, such as pressure vessels, reactors, columns, separators and skids.
- Preparation of technical specifications, inspection and test requirements, and material requisitions for mechanical equipment.
- Package engineer responsibility for static and rotating mechanical equipment. Multi-disciplinary coordination of mechanical packages.
- Technical evaluation of vendors and vendor quotations including preparation of technical bid comparisons.
- Technical support for negotiations with equipment vendors.
- Evaluation of suppliers’ FAT, SAT and other test procedures, and a company representative during FAT and SAT.
- Review of contractors’ detail engineering documentation.
- Perform piping engineering service and preliminary layout design.
- Provide assistance in manual valve and material selection work.
- Provide support, expertise and input to company processes such as operations, R&D and maintenance.
- Provide assistance during construction, installation and commissioning activities.
- Provide critical review and guidance to teammate’s analysis and design
- Contribute to updating inhouse technical requirement standards for mechanical equipment.
- Participate in safety activities, such as HAZID, HAZOP, WERA and JSA.
- Higher level education with a university degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Chemicals, Refining, Oil & Gas or other relevant industry.
- Extensive engineering experience with static and rotating mechanical equipment, valves, pipes and mechanical skids.
- Knowledge and experience working with statutory and international standards, such as PED, ASME, API, ISO, Machinery directive.
- Proficient in Autodesk’s CAD software.
- Excellent written & verbal English skills.
Hvem er Carbon Recycling International ?
CRI is a growing company with an innovative culture with headquarters based in Iceland.
We are always looking to get acquainted with talented individuals who embody our values of leadership, sustainability, cooperation, innovation and development. If you would like to contribute your knowledge and skills to the development of a circular carbon economy, file a General application or apply for any vacancies listed below.