Local Unit & Position Description
Section Concrete Structures and Geotechnics in Norway has the largest group of geotechnical engineers in DNV GL AS and has a leading position within offshore geotechnical engineering. Our team consists of highly skilled engineers from different nationalities. We specialize in soil/structure interaction, advanced numerical analyses and development of offshore rules and standards.
Our main specialist areas are focused on the geotechnical aspects related to Jackets, Jack-ups, Gravity Based Structures, Subsea Structures, Wind Turbines, Ports and Terminals, Pipelines and Anchors. In addition, DNV GL has been involved as Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) and 3rd party verifier for large infrastructure projects.
The unit is a worldwide resource across business areas and is now looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
We are looking for a candidate with genuine interest in soil mechanics, who is willing to share and learn in a team, have a customer oriented mindset and a drive to set the future industry standard – always safeguarding life, property and environment.
- Graduate degree (M.Sc./PhD) with strong academic record
- At least 6 years of working experience with onshore and/or offshore geotechnics
- Customer oriented mindset
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, and ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English. Scandinavian language is a plus
- Network in the Scandinavian infrastructure sector as well as proven sales capabilities is an advantage
In DNV GL you will:
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high education and specialization level in an international environment
- Meet demanding customers with complex and exciting technical challenges
- Live locally and enjoy working at our beautiful campus at Høvik or in our offices in Trondheim, yet work on geotechnical challenges globally
- Have space to innovate and learn more every day
- For those who want international experience, there are also opportunities to stay abroad for limited periods.
Liv Hamre, Head of Section O-NM-CSG, +47 970 47 518
Head of Section O-NM-CSG,
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.