Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
The Engineering Management department in the business unit Field Development and Offshore Wind in Asker counts 18 senior engineers with a long record in Aibel. We expect a growth in the number of project in the coming period and need to strengthen the team with a Senior Engineering Manager.
Engineering Management covers several roles in Aibel projects portfolio. The roles are (among others): Engineering Manager, Design Control -, Interface -, Cost Saving – and Method & Tools Manager.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the engineering management tasks on the Contract according to plan, budget and agreed scope of work for larger new build (Greenfield) project both for Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind projects. The Engineering Manger responsibilities cover full scope of services for a typical project from Study Manager, FEED Manager, tender work and Engineering Manager for larger Greenfield projects.
- Responsibility pending the type of projects, but typical activities are:
- Overall responsible for technical deliverables in the projects
- Ensure that the engineering personnel have a responsible attitude towards man-hour budgets and schedule
- Arrange required training as required
- Ensure that design verification activities, audits and verifications are adequate and carried out as required
- Ensure that all engineering interface requirements towards interfacing departments like Procurement, Construction, Planning, etc, are identified and that timely information, to agreed quality, is supplied
- Ensure that requirements from fabrication, installation, system completion, operations and other relevant parties are fully known and observed
- Ensure integration of third parties or other contractor personnel in the organisation as required
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor or Master education within engineering
- Long project experience from technical management in multidiscipline EPCI projects
- Extensive experience and knowledge to Oil & Gas offshore EPCI projects or Offshore Wind projects
- Management experience, preferable as Engineering Manager
What we are looking for:
- Good communication skills
- Good cooperative working attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English and Norwegian - both orally and in writing
What we offer: We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
Apply to: Contact: Senior Manager Field Development & Offshore Wind - Ragnar Høeg, Phone: +4797063879
Work Place; Oslo, location Asker
Due Date: 31.07.2020
Start up: After agreement