Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
Senior Telecom Engineer working in engineering projects in concept, study and detail phase for
- Manned and unmanned operated offshore wind High-Voltage substations (HVAC or HVDC)
- Manned and unmanned Oil and Gas offshore topsides
- Onshore installations
- Other installations requiring telecom systems
Design of telecom communication solution and infra structureDevelop telecom strategy, philosophy, and design solutions for telecom sub systems in general, communication network, remote operations, maintenance, monitoring and new technologies.Follow up of Telecom systems and technical responsible (PRE) for Telecom packagesFollow up vendors and vendor technical documentationInterface to other disciplines, suppliers, platform, and clientPerform and complete engineering documents and data registersParticipate in relevant test activities/FAT/UFAT
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from Telecom engineering in green field projects
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from telecom design activities and responsibilities from green field offshore
- Experience and deep knowledge of telecom design according to relevant standards such as
- NORSOK, ATEX, PTIL, DNVGL and IEC
- Newly qualified engineers will also be considered
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for a person with the willingness to learn and the ability to adapt to future technology and solutions
- Have a cooperative working attitude and acceptance for multicultural team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Be systematic and accurate
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Fluent Norwegian and English skills - both orally and in writing
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Geir Tandstad, Phone: +47 488 91 419
Work Place: Asker
Application deadline: 31.01.2022
Hvem er Aibel?
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project's entire life cycle.