With more than a hundred years of experience, Aibel is a leading supplier within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We offer our customers optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout the project's life cycle. Exciting, right?We are now looking for a Senior Engineer-Piping Engineering, who can contribute to Aibel’s exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
- Calculate and establish pipe class sheets & work instructions & Guidelines. Other Calculations related to piping deliveries. PDS (Piping Detail Standard) work
- Follow-up on changes to International Standards and Aibel and/or Client Specifications
- Assist/comments to Piping documentation, technical requisitions, purchase orders, P&IDs, etc.
- Assist in all technical issues on general level. Evaluate and respond to technical queries
- Assist in Piping verification activities. Participate in new greenfield projects in different design phases
- Contribute to the improvement and further development in the Piping Engineering Department
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of EPC greenfield task work experience on offshore and/or onshore Oil and Gas- and/or Renewable energy Sector, production/-marine facilities as a piping/mechanical/stress engineer
- General knowledge of piping engineering, including component calculations according to ASME/EN.
- Good knowledge of PCS, PDS, VDS.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Standards (EN, ASME, ASTM, NORSOK, DNV, API), Norwegian, EU and British Acts and Regulations (Trykkdirektivet/PED/PER) and other International Codes and Standards, are required. Good knowledge of process and flow diagrams
- Calculation experience. Candidates with experience with Calculation of Pipe Classes, Internal and external pressure, vacuum Calculations for Piping, will be preferred.
- Excellent understanding of International Standards and Project Specifications
- Good knowledge of Asme B31.3, Asme VIII, Asme B31.12 Asme, EN standards and Subsea
- Good coordination skills between all disciplines and good presentation skills within teamwork
- Systematic, multidiscipline understanding and solution-oriented approach
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing
- Have a cooperative working attitude and be systematic, accurate and detail focused
- Intercultural competence and acceptance for multicultural working teams
- Good Norwegian (min. B level) and/or English language skills in both orally and writing will be preferred
- Good information skills
Become our colleague:Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.Our value program "We Care" – encourages us to be responsible, visionary, open and flexible. The values reflect the attitudes we have at work and set the standard for how to achieve our goals. We value inclusion, equality and diversity, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of age, gender, functional ability and ethnicity.Our overall strategy is to gradually develop our business from oil and gas towards renewable solutions. Because we view our social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, sustainable development is a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision? Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:For questions regarding the position, please contact: Section Manager Layout & Piping, Gunnar Sørensen - phone +47 996 24 056Work Place: OsloApplication deadline: 12.02.2023
Hvem er Aibel?
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project's entire life cycle.