The Concrete Structures and Geotechnics section in Oslo, Norway is home to DNV GL’s concrete and grout specialists serving the concrete and grout industry worldwide. We have a leading position within the offshore concrete industry.
We specialize in the design, and construction-phase verification of complex concrete structures, both onshore and offshore, advanced numerical analyses, as well as certification and qualification of new materials and technologies. We are responsible for the development and maintenance of the DNV GL Offshore Concrete Structures standard, DNVGL-ST-C502.
We are currently mobilizing to meet the challenges for large fixed and floating concrete structures. Projects that we are working with include offshore concrete structures, LNG tanks, ports and terminals, fish farms, wind turbine support structures, certification of materials, and laboratory testing, among others.
We are looking for an experienced structural engineer who has previously specialised in concrete structural design and/or verification. Experience with offshore gravity-based structures (GBS) would be preferable. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in concrete mechanics and materials, be willing to share and learn in a team, and have a drive to set the future industry standard – always safeguarding life, property and environment.
- Graduate degree (M.Sc./PhD) with strong academic record
- 10 years of experience within design of onshore and/or offshore concrete structures
- Strong technical background in design of concrete structures, recent experience with offshore concrete structures would be desirable
- Experience within numerical nonlinear analyses would be an advantage
- Customer oriented mindset
- Business development focus with proven sales capabilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, and ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English. Scandinavian language is an asset.
- Network in the Scandinavian concrete technology sector, universities and presence in technical committees is an advantage
In DNV GL you will:
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high education and specialization level in an international environment
- Gain a network of highly skilled co-workers in more than 100 countries
- Meet demanding customers with complex and exciting technical challenges
- Live locally and enjoy working at our beautiful campus at Høvik, yet work on technical challenges globally
- Have space to innovate and learn more every day
- Have flexible working hours and 6 weeks’ vacation
- Receive a competitive salary, insurance and pension scheme
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.