DNV is looking for an experienced Senior Energy Markets & Strategy consultant based in Oslo (Høvik) or Stockholm (Solna), strengthening the Energy Markets & Strategy (EMS) department in the region.
We are looking for an experienced professional with deep understanding of, and track record in one or more of the following:
- Nordic and EU climate and energy policy,
- economic analyses of electricity markets,
- regulation and performance of electricity markets & networks,
and take the role as a project manager and key expert in projects, as well as taking a pro-active role in selling projects to existing and new clients.
ABOUT THE SERVICE AREA
The Energy Market and Strategy department (EMS) consists of 90 consultants in 6 countries: Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Belgium, Sweden and Denmark, focusing on market, strategy and policy advisory. In the Nordics we are a team of 15 consultants based in Oslo, Stockholm and Malmö. We focus on the energy transition and the impact of the switch to renewable energy resources. We help our clients develop business cases for new energy solutions through working with industry leading technology focused teams within DNV on topics such as power grids, energy storage, hydrogen, wind, solar, e-mobility, carbon capture, and fuel switching in heavy industry. Rapid changes create uncertainty and risk from a market perspective and we take an active role in helping our clients manage that risk through in-depth knowledge of power and the broader energy markets. We also support distribution network owners adapting to new challenges and regulations. Our clients are financial institutions, utilities, project developers and various energy and climate focused government entities. Our portfolio of services includes policy & market analysis, power price forecasting, strategy/roadmap development, technical, commercial & regulatory due diligence for financial clients and system level studies looking at future energy systems.
As an experienced consultant for the Energy Market and Strategy team you will have these main roles and responsibilities.
- You will be expected to manage consulting projects towards clients predominantly in the Nordics
- You will be working on a wide range of (techno) economic and regulatory assignments related to power markets, electrification, decarbonization and business cases for emerging technologies
- You will be driving new initiatives and sales towards clients
- You will provide specialist input from your area of expertise across the global portfolio and DNV’s Energy Transition Outlook
- Master’s degree or PhD. Examples are a master’s degree in Economics, Business, Political Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Proven track record of managing projects showing customer value creation in the energy transition
- Deep understanding of the Nordic Energy landscape
- An effective communicator and constructive team player with a “can do” mentality that fits the DNV values: We care, we dare and we share
- Excellent English language skills and preferably fluent in Norwegian or Swedish
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Experience in one or more of the following capabilities is a plus: power market modelling, business case modelling, life cycle assessment modelling, economic analyses, cost benefit analysis or energy policy advisory.
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- A diversified team with the opportunity to work and develop a mix of very experienced experts and young enthusiastic talents
- A role that will put you in the forefront of the global energy transition through involvement in all kinds of front-running, innovative and early phase projects
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world with its headquarters in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
If you have any questions contact Roel Zwart +47 476 51 171
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis
Union Representative's contact information:
Sveriges Ingenjörer: Anna.Berglund@dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
DNV Energy Systems provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
DNV’s purpose is to safeguard life, property and the environment. DNV’s vision is to be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.