Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of DNV GL’s dynamic and competent safety advisory team in Norway?
Our team is a hub for safety risk advisory services in DNV GL. The team works integrated with other DNV GL units in Norway and abroad to deliver value to customers in and outside the region.
Our safety advisory team works closely with key players in the O&G industry with base in the region. In addition, the team works with safety in a broad range of markets, for example integrating safety competence with DNV GL expertise on battery technology and electric propulsion, and development and qualification of offshore fish farm projects as well as automation in the O&G industry. The team is closely integrated with deliveries to our clients together with other DNV GL units in Norway and abroad.The service portfolio offered by the team covers key aspects of safety advisory such as technical safety and risk analysis, fire- and explosion analysis, emergency preparedness analyses, human factors, working environment and organizational safety, barrier management and risk management frameworks. The team is also a hub for digitalization of DNV GL's risk assessment services.
Due to high order book, we are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated senior consultant with strong operational experience and interpersonal skills, to further strengthen our team in Safety Risk Management Oil & Gas. We also work actively to support the digitalization of DNV GL’s risk assessment services, and the right person will have an excellent opportunity to be a part of this important work.
Working with DNV GL gives a unique opportunity to become part of a large & highly competent professional network (nationally and internationally) within risk management and a wide range of technical disciplines. The consultants will be key in building and growing a sound business within Risk Management capitalizing on own networks and the wide competence base of DNV GL, as well as fully embracing the opportunities offered by digitalization.
The work will comprise of the following main activities:
- Delivering quantitative and qualitative risk assessments as part of major accident risk management
- Technical Safety
- Workshop facilitation, e.g. from HAZID, HAZOP, FMECA, LOPA, ALARP etc.
- Support the digital development of DNV GL’s risk assessment services
- Supporting customers’ safety barrier management
- HSE coordination/support in customers’ projects and operation
- Advising on compliance to relevant regulations
- Acting as the technical lead (QA/QC) in projects, mentoring junior colleagues and managing projects, where relevant.
- Working with the DNV GL team/BD roles to lead sales activities and the development of proposals
- Higher technical education (master’s degree or equivalent) in relevant discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, Process Engineering, or related engineering discipline)
- 5 to 10 years’ operational experience in technical safety risk management, preferably in oil and gas
- Digital skills, and interest in applying these skills to enhance value and efficiency of services is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of the oil and gas business
- Knowledge and experience with green technologies (Hydrogen, batteries, carbon capture and storage, …) is an advantage
- Experience with functional safety is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Norwegian written and spoken or a clear ambition to attain working capabilities in Norwegian language
- Self-starter, open-minded, able to work independently, but also being a strong team player with a passion to drive HSE improvement
- Technically strong in own discipline and highly motivated individual with good interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Pro -active and self-motivated individual with solution-oriented attitude.
- The opportunity to work with interesting and challenging projects in a prestigious technological company
- Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high experience and specialization level in an international environment
- Interaction with advanced customers with complex and exciting operational and technical challenges
- Be part of a global company with 13 000 employees, world leading professional networks and diverse internal job opportunities
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV GL
- Competitive salary, insurance and pension scheme
- Flexible working conditions and a large degree of responsibility
For more information, please contact: Olivier Baldan, Head of Section, +47 94 15 89 47, Olivier.Baldan@dnvgl.com
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.