Do you want to take part in shaping the future of the global floating offshore wind industry? Do you have a technical background from the offshore industry and want to use that in solving complex technical and commercial issues as a consultant in close cooperation with our customers in the floating wind industry? Then you should apply for a job with us!
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our offshore wind team in delivering services to the offshore wind industry with a primary focus on our customers within the floating wind market. You will be involved in projects related to the planning, development, construction and operation phases of wind farm projects. Our projects vary across services such as technical and/or commercial studies, technical due diligence and qualification of new technologies. You will collaborate and have extensive contact with other parts of DNV, as various projects are staffed with multi-disciplinary experts in the company. Your tasks may not only be limited to floating wind but could involve other renewables such as bottom-fixed offshore wind, floating solar, wave power and integrated energy systems.
The role is ideally based in Oslo, but Arnhem, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Oldenburg and Warsaw can also be considered.
The overall purpose of the job is to support the offshore wind team in its role to help DNV safeguard life, property and the environment and achieve our company vision: To be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
Key tasks and deliveries include, but are not limited to:
- Provide our customers with technical support related to planning and development of wind farm concepts and projects
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors and support customers though the financial closings of projects and through the construction phase (technical due diligence services)
- Perform market studies, cost studies and technical assessments
- Customer contact and project management, including managing complex, technical projects from inception through to completion
- Participate in business development activities. Build relationships and manage interfaces with external clients, initiate JIPs (Joint Industry Projects) contributing to drive the floating wind industry forward
- Draw on the full breadth of the in-depth knowledge in DNV expert teams to deliver on customer needs
To qualify you must have:
- MSc degree in a relevant engineering field is required. Subjects related to floating wind, renewable energy, offshore and/or maritime industry is an advantage
- Several years of experience relevant for the floating wind industry
- Knowledge of international rules and standards for floating offshore wind support structures is an advantage
- Competence with one or more of the disciplines structural design, mooring design, hydrodynamic analysis and marine operations is an advantage
Key competencies and personal attributes
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written), able to work effectively within a consultancy environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English
- Able to co-operate well with others; shares knowledge, experience, and information; and supports others in pursuit of team goals.
We are looking for experienced professionals with technical understanding and knowledge who is ready to apply that knowledge in solving complex technical and commercial issues for our customers together with DNV’s world leading technical experts in multidisciplinary projects. You are highly committed to project deliveries and customer satisfaction. With an independent and pro-active attitude, you demonstrate strong initiative, an analytical approach and the ability to make efficient technical and commercial judgments. You thrive when the project work is high paced, and cope efficiently with a wide variety of tasks. Others perceive you as a positive and motivating team player with a flexible attitude and eagerness to grow.
What we offer
A career in DNV is not just a job. It is an extraordinary opportunity to develop and enrich your life and make more of a global impact than you ever believed possible. Discover more here https://www.dnvgl.com/careers/why-dnvgl.html
Be challenged: We have an enviable client list – we work with the biggest names out there. Our position enables us to lead the development in many industries. Whether we work with renowned companies, innovative startups or joint industry projects, you will get a chance to utilize your expertise together with specialists from a wide range of disciplines.
Learn and grow: Our knowledge- and digitally focused organization will help you learn and grow. Every year we invest 5% of our revenue on research and development. We also invest strongly in competence development and progression for our people. From on the job learning to joining networks, receiving coaching, and participating in training programs, we help to support you progress.
Make an impact: Joining us is an opportunity to make the world a better place. Employees in DNV feel strongly about our company’s Purpose to "safeguard life, property and the environment”. This is our reason for being since our foundation in 1864. Our Vision to be “a trusted voice to tackle global transformations”, gives us a clear direction and expresses what we want to accomplish in the long term.
Be inspired and enriched: We care. We dare. We share. These are the three core values and beliefs that shape our performance; We care for each other, our customers, our planet, and we take care of ourselves. We dare to explore, to experiment, to be different, and to be courageous, curious, and creative. We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers. We support social, sport and team building activities. As a result, we continue to thrive and grow.
Benefits package: It is specifically designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
- Receive an attractive total compensation package.
- Get secured for the future with our pension scheme, profit share and health care programs.
- Enjoy the flexibility to fit your work with your lifestyle and achieve a good work/life balance.
- Be part of an atmosphere of highly professional, engaged and knowledgeable people.
- Receive guidance from colleagues through coaching, mentoring and participating in networks.
- Advance your expertise, through competence development plans and tailored training.
- Develop your managerial skills, by going through our state-of-the-art leadership programs.
- Join a renowned organization with origins dating back to 1864, and a growing and diverse network with 130 nationalities in 100 countries.
For more information please contact: Marte Midtsund, Head of Renewables Advisory, Norway, mobile: +47 473 29 082
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Head of Renewables Advisory
Hvem er DNV?
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.