Local Unit & Position Description
To have a global impact for a safe and sustainable future is the core vision of DNV GL. In GSS IT we operate many Linux systems of few types (Suse, Oracle, CentOS, RedHat). Those systems serve environments like: global ERP system (OEBS), Big Data computational clusters and several other applications.
We are looking for a Senior Architect Linux who will drive sustainable development of our Linux environment, preparing it for the challenges of the future. The implementations are supported by a small team of experienced linux administrators:
- Enterprise Architecture & Engineering Related:
- Leads the integration of enterprise size Linux installations in existing Microsoft Windows landscape (On-Premise and Azure or Oracle Cloud)
- Responsible for the architectural development of existing Linux installations (Oracle/RedHat, SLES, CentOS)
- Be the main contact for other architects and platform experts within the IT community
- Documents projects and operational procedures with minimal supervision
- Further develops the Linux platforms and gives strategic input to management.
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant practice or experienced architect with at least 10 years of relevant practice
- In depth knowledge of system configuration management and automation products such as Puppet or Ansible
- Fluent English, written and verbal. German, Norwegian or Polish are beneficial.
- Able to easily integrate in global, virtual teams
- Strong documentation skills and a make-it-happen approach
- Strong knowledge of market trends, up to date with technology novelties within server, storage, virtualization and cloud computing
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Methodical approach to problems across large scale distributed platforms
- Ability to perform technical evaluations, analysis and troubleshooting for all supported servers.
- DNV GL offers to the successful candidate:
- A competitive salary and benefit package according to relevant experience and qualifications
- International experience
- The opportunity of long-term career perspectives in an international environment;
- Training and development programs
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies
- Great and globally recognized working atmosphere.
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.