Norsk Titanium is currently seeking an Engineer Optical sensing and analysis focusing on RPD system technology development supporting our business model. As an Engineer at Norsk Titanium’s Eggemoen Technology Center (ETC), you will be a key contributor to NTi becoming a world-leading manufacturer of RPD™ components and machines.
You will be part of the Machine Design & Delivery (MDD) team at ETC, where our patented, and revolutionary RPD™ technology is developed. You will collaborate with experts within software, metallurgy, automation, process control, sensors and mechanical design. The role will strengthen the MDD team and improve our RPD™ process and machine development.
The main responsibility in the role will be to support the development of Optical sensing and analysis systems in the RPD system process control.
Key Work Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development, design and implementation of optical based sensor equipment and software algorithms to be implemented in the Automation platform, supporting: 1)The needs and requirements from model-based feedback control systems 2) Process monitoring and control 3) Quality monitoring systems
- Implementation of sensors and algorithms in collaboration with automation specialist
- Participate in software application development in collaboration with software developers making applications related to optical sensing technology
- Identify and specify sensor needs and requirements, and collaborate with sensor and analysis experts in development and implementation
- Plan and execute testing on RPD system to: 1) Obtain process data 2) Verify robustness of the sensing technology
Key Profile Characteristics
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Image Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent educational experience in fundamental of imaging and image processing technologies
- Background in algorithm development, mathematical data analysis, statistical analysis, and software development, code optimization is essential
- Good programming skills: C/C++, C#, .Net, similar
- Experience with image processing libraries: OpenCV/EmguCV
- Basic background in multicore programming/GPU programming is a plus
- Proactive, self-driven and eager to learn
- Structure and accuracy in daily work
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
- Creative with ability to improve product development and production methods
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Behave according to the “NTi Values”
We Can Offer You
- A highly-skilled and multidisciplinary work environment, alongside a team of creative and talented colleagues
- Engaging work assignments both at an independent, and team level
- The opportunity to take part in the construction of an international organization
- Access to health-conscious amenities such as a company Sports Club
- A favourable pension, and insurance plan
- Competitive salary
Director Machine Design & Delivery
Åshild M. Tunga
Director Human Resources
Hvem er Norsk Titanium?
Norsk Titanium AS is the world's pioneering supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components. The company is distinguished in the aviation industry by its patented Rapid Plasma Deposition (RPD) process that transforms titanium wire into complex components suitable for structural and safety-critical applications. The Norsk Titanium research and development team is committed to displacing the age old and inefficient forging process with a precision wire deposition technology embodying substantial savings for aerospace, defense, and commercial applications. NTis Headquarters, Technology Center and first Production Center is located at Eggemoen, Ringerike.