Norsk Titanium is currently seeking an Engineer Optical sensing and analysis focusing on RPD system technology development supporting our business model. As an Engineer at Norsk Titanium’s Eggemoen Technology Center (ETC), you will be a key contributor to NTi becoming a world-leading manufacturer of RPD™ components and machines.
You will be part of the Material, Process and Product (MPP) team at Norsk Titanium’s Eggemoen Technology Center (ETC), where our patented, and revolutionary RPD™ technology is developed. You will collaborate with experts within software, metallurgy, automation, process control, sensors and mechanical design. The role will strengthen the MPP team and improve our RPD™ process understanding and knowledge of super alloys.
The role will be a driving force and key contributor in adaption of the RPD Process for deposition of super alloys. You will provide in-depth knowledge of advanced aerospace alloys like Inconel 718 and 625 and other high temperature alloys. Ensuring new super alloys meet the relevant quality standards will also be central. The role involves acting as technology expert for sustaining and growing a profitable business of NTi within the R&D team.
Key Work Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build a knowledge database of super alloys through literature studies, background analysis and relevant partners
- Develop process parameters and deposition practice for such material as deposited by the RPD process
- Establish post process procedures to meet the requirements of NACE MR0175-3/ISO 15156-3 :2009
- Act as a resource for future customers and potential partners regarding super alloys
- Support development of additional applications for Ti-6-4
- Develop NTI’s in-depth understanding of the relationship between key deposition parameters and processing, microstructure and mechanical properties of the products. Ensure that this knowledge is implemented in the development and production of new products
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive collaboration with Production and Technical teams enhancing the robustness and the operational readiness of the wire feed plasma arc technology
- Initiate and follow up material testing activities performed in external laboratories
- Collaborate with co-workers such as research partners and external suppliers
- Provide advice, knowledge transfer, and troubleshooting support to operators and technical staff from process-level understanding through to parameterization
Key Profile Characteristics
- PhD or Master of Science with focus on material science
- Knowledge of super alloys like Inconel 718 and 625
- Relevant work experience from R&D, Aerospace or Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in metallographically methods, material testing and inspection
- Experience in mechanical testing of high temperature alloys
- Knowledge of relevant Inconel and welding standards
- Collaborative and willing to learn and gain an in-dept understanding of the RPD process
- Structure and accuracy in daily work
- Independent with capability of international travel
- Behave according to the “NTi Values”
We Can Offer You
- A highly-skilled and multidisciplinary work environment, alongside a team of creative and talented colleagues
- Engaging work assignments both at an independent, and team level
- The opportunity to take part in the construction of an international organization
- Access to health-conscious amenities such as a company Sports Club
- A favourable pension, and insurance plan
- Competitive salary
Hilde Løken Larsen
VP Material, Process & Product
Åshild M. Tunga
Director Human Resources
Hvem er Norsk Titanium?
Norsk Titanium AS is the world's pioneering supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components. The company is distinguished in the aviation industry by its patented Rapid Plasma Deposition (RPD) process that transforms titanium wire into complex components suitable for structural and safety-critical applications. The Norsk Titanium research and development team is committed to displacing the age old and inefficient forging process with a precision wire deposition technology embodying substantial savings for aerospace, defense, and commercial applications. NTis Headquarters, Technology Center and first Production Center is located at Eggemoen, Ringerike.