Norsk Titanium is currently seeking an Engineer Automation & Process Control focusing on RPD system technology development supporting our business model. As an Engineer at Norsk Titanium’s Eggemoen Technology Center (ETC), you will be a key contributor to NTi becoming a world-leading manufacturer of RPD™ components and machines.
You will be part of the Machine Design & Delivery (MDD) team at ETC, where our patented, and revolutionary RPD™ technology is developed. You will collaborate with experts within software, metallurgy, automation, process control, sensors and mechanical design. The role will strengthen the MDD team and improve our RPD™ process and machine development.
The main responsibility in the role will be to support development of control systems in the RPD system process control, improve the automation platform and support machine development and troubleshooting activities.
Key Work Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support RPD machine design, development and troubleshooting activities
- Support the development of control systems in the RPD system process control
- Development, design and implementation of models, control strategies and algorithms in the Automation platform, supporting:
- The requirements and constraints from the Material, Process and Product team
- Improving the business KPI's (NNS, productivity ++)
- Robustness of the RPD process
- Collaborate with automation specialists in implementation of control and algorithms
- Identify and specify needs and requirements of sensors, and collaborate with sensor and analysis experts in development and implementation
- Plan and execute testing on RPD system to:
- Obtain process data for control synthesis
- Verify robustness of implemented process control systems
Key Profile Characteristics
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Cybernetics/Control Engineering or Relevant Fields
- Deep knowledge of mathematics and physics including mathematical modelling, system identification, linear and non-linear systems, analysis of data, and plasma physics
- Broad technical interest w.r.t. manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience from 3D-printing or other adequate industry is an advantage
- Eager to learn, humble and self-driven
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and focus on details while at the same time navigate according to the overall objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional project teams
We Can Offer You
- A highly-skilled and multidisciplinary work environment, alongside a team of creative and talented colleagues
- Engaging work assignments both at an independent, and team level
- The opportunity to take part in the construction of an international organization
- Access to health-conscious amenities such as a company Sports Club
- A favourable pension, and insurance plan
- Competitive salary
Director Machine Design & Delivery
Åshild M. Tunga
Director Human Resources
Hvem er Norsk Titanium?
Norsk Titanium AS is the world's pioneering supplier of aerospace-grade, additive manufactured, structural titanium components. The company is distinguished in the aviation industry by its patented Rapid Plasma Deposition (RPD) process that transforms titanium wire into complex components suitable for structural and safety-critical applications. The Norsk Titanium research and development team is committed to displacing the age old and inefficient forging process with a precision wire deposition technology embodying substantial savings for aerospace, defense, and commercial applications. NTis Headquarters, Technology Center and first Production Center is located at Eggemoen, Ringerike.