Local Unit & Position Description
In shipping, digitalization and the use of data have a huge impact. Ships have become sophisticated sensor hubs and data generators, producing and transmitting information from anywhere, often in real time. At the same time, advances in satellite communications are improving connectivity, allowing for massive increases in the volumes of data transferred at ever-lower cost.
At DNV GL, we are working to help our customers navigate these complex new waters. We are committed to using our position as an independent third party to build trust in data quality and confidence that these valuable data can be shared securely. At the same time, DNV GL is taking advantage of the opportunities created by digitalization within our own organization, to offer new services and ways of working that enhance the customer experience, improve quality and are more efficient.
We want to strengthen our existing software development team with a dedicated software security engineer.
As a security software engineer, you can expect to:
- Define and drive secure development best practices for applications and services/APIs
- Improve and implement IT-Application and API security platform in close colloboration with the software development teams
- Design and develop secure digital solutions
- Identify, handle and follow up technical vulnarabilities in the applications
- Continuously improve relevant technology competence and personal development trough teamwork, networks, conferences and dedicated training
- Use Agile methodology in cross-functional teams focusing on customer value
Our technology platform is a web-centric set of microservices, leveraging the latest Microsoft technology stack as well as Open source solutions, both on premise and cloud. This platform focuses on the smart use of data and machine learning algorithms, and integrates with DNV GL’s Veracity platform.
We run more than 100 applications, used by thousands of people internally and externally, 24/7.
- You hold a Master degree in Computer Science
- You have several years of experience with, and are passionate about security architecture and coding, risk analysis and information security
- Knowledge of Privacy/Security by design, OWASP, SSDLC
- You have experience with building robust, scalable and flexible solutions with Microsoft technology stack, e.g .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, WebAPI, HTML, Azure, Kubernetes ,Typescript, JS frameworks like React.
- You have integrity and take responsibility
- You have good collaboration skills
- You are a fast learner of trends within security technologies and principles
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English
- A purpose. Know why you get up every morning!
- A strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- A thorough on-boarding process including training in relevant technologies, languages and tools
- An attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- An international working environment
- Flexible working hours, and focus on work/life balance
Work location is at the company headquarters in Høvik, just outside Oslo, with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen.
The Veritas Park is right by the sea, and offers a wide variety of benefits like sports clubs with access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts, a kindergarten, and more. The campus is full of engineers and we have many tech interest groups. So you can widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process! We have company cabins and many social events and happenings.
Head of Department, Digital Development
Hvem er DNV GL?
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.