Hydro Extrusions is our company’s largest and most global business area, supplying aluminum profiles and profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Precision Tubing (PT) is one of four business units in Hydro Extrusions, with 15 production facilities located in seven countries over four continents (North America, South America, Europe and Asia). PT delivers extruded tubes primarily for automotive applications.
Innovation and Technology Precision Tubing (I&T PT) is part of Hydro Extrusions’ Innovation & Technology organization, dedicated towards Precision Tubing. The I&T PT team includes metallurgists, physicists, mechanical engineers and chemists located in several global sites.
Due to planned retirement, we are now looking to hire a Research Engineer who enjoys working in the interface of R&D and production.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to affect the future of new aluminum products, expand your knowledge of aluminum industrial manufacturing processes, and work with colleagues in a variety of disciplines through close cooperation within PT and other Hydro business areas.
- Develop and implement new alloys and processes for Precision Tubing
- Plan projects, determine objectives, budget and deliverables
- Execute projects with a focus on time delivery, budget discipline and communication with Steering Committee and stakeholders
- Optimize the efficient and effective use of I&T PT resources to successfully meet business initiatives
- Disseminate/implement projects findings and new technology
- Initiate, define and propose innovative ideas and projects within the scope of I&T PT
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain workflow or respond to emergency conditions
Health Safety, Environment (HSE) and Compliance:
- Strong commitment to safety
- Support development & implementation of HSE policies and programs
- Engage in relevant HSE activities
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- PhD/MSc degree in Materials Science/Metallurgy, Chemistry or equivalent
- Strong aluminium alloy competence
- Aluminum extrusion understanding or experience
- Excellent English proficiency
- Automotive application understanding is a plus
- Project management skills is a plus
- Finite Element and heat transfer simulation capabilities are a plus
- Knowledge of six sigma and LEAN manufacturing principles is a plus
- Collaboration skills, able to work in an international team remotely, be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Curious, self-driven and willing to learn
- Technical and analytical capacity
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills
- Motivation to work in a hectic and demanding environment, travel must be expected
- Highly adaptable to new tasks, work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ethical Conduct
We can offer challenging work, competitive salary, a high degree of responsibility and freedom to carry out work duties in a market leading organization. I&T PT is a diverse and highly competent organization with a friendly work environment.
You will be part of a virtual team of 8 professionals. Under normal circumstances, team members travel frequently to plants, approximately 60-80 days/year.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Deadline for applications is February 7, 2021.
For more information about the job – please contact:
Manager, Upstream R&D Innovation and Technology Precision Tubing
Mobile: +32 (0)496 56 24 49
Bård Fiskum Lillestøl
Director, Innovation & Technology Precision Tubing
Mobile: +47 48078305
Team Lead, People Resourcing GBS HR Norway
Mobile: +47 98006451
Bård Fiskum Lillestøl
Hvem er Hydro -?
Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 35 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications. Click here if you would like to read more about Hydro and our operations.