RECAB is looking for a QA Engineer located at our office in Hamar, Norway.
Your responsibility and focus will be Quality Assurance through the use of our ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 Quality & Environmental Management System (QEMS), Quality Control in order to make sure we meet the required design specifications and/or quality standards, and quality engineering support in general. You will also oversee our work with Health and Safety.
- Creation of quality documentation and development of SOPs for the facility and products in line with industry standards
- Proactive review and improvement of systems and processes to ensure the maintenance of standards
- Maintaining accurate quality documentation
- Working closely with engineering and manufacturing staff to ensure quality protocols are followed and documentation is correctly maintained and implement any new changes or adaptations based on a quality review
- Supplier management according to corporate rules and customer requirements
- Inspection and testing of various parts of manufacturing including products, components, processes, and comparing against predefined standards
- Ensuring safety requirements are met at every point in the manufacturing facility
- Analyzing problems detect subtle trends and identify root causes to drive continuous improvement activities and corrective actions
- Statistical analysis of manufacturing data and creation of reports based on quality documentation
- Responsible for internal- and external QA assessments/audits
- Working closely with external partners e.g. suppliers, customers, etc
BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- BSc or MSc degree in quality assurance or in a lab/science or engineering discipline ie. electronics, mechanical, production or manufacturing
- Strong experience and knowledge of quality standards and documentation. AS9100 knowledge is beneficial as per requirements from our defence & avionics customers
- Analytical skills – need to be able to spot problems quickly and find the underlying causes so changes can be made
- Critical thinking – once problems are identified, solutions and improvements must be found, often in a completely new way of thinking
- Attention to detail – every detail must be noticed and acted upon when necessary
- Numerical skills – statistical analysis can be a big part of a quality engineering role
- Communications skills – strong written and verbal communication skills are key. Must be able to relay potentially complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. English is the company language, and it's a requirement to master a Scandinavian language as well.
- Team working skills – working as part teams throughout the manufacturing facility, as well as interaction with suppliers and customers, is a key part of quality engineering
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
As Quality Engineer you will work with both internal stakeholders and external partners/customers to improve product quality. Currently, the QA function is managed by the General Manager of RECAB Sweden in close cooperation with the System Engineering Manager in Norway. The scope of this position is that the QA Engineer shall take over this responsibility within the first year. The QA Engineer will have a corporate function, and will be responsible for QA in our offices in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Quality assessments/audits of our suppliers is also a key task. This is an international position as we have suppliers from many countries, so significant travel activity is to be expected.
The quality function is essential for RECAB, and our key customers are always driving us to the next level. The best part of being a Quality Engineer is the ability to drive change and improve product quality in collaboration with a diverse crossfunctional team while making a difference to our customers.
IMPACT er et fullverdig HR-konsulenthus med spesialisering innen rekruttering, omstilling, outplacement og utvikling. Vi har et bredt kompetansemiljø og bistår kunder i et vidt spekter av bransjer. Vi er opptatt av å levere løsninger som er tilpasset våre oppdragsgiveres behov, og alltid med respekt for mennesker og verdier.
Impact er en del av Arenakonsernet. Konsernet har i tillegg datterselskapene Arbeidslivsressurs og Arena Personal, både i Norge og Sverige.
Hvem er RECAB ?
RECAB is a Nordic IT company with headquarters in Stockholm. We are part of the Addtech Group, a listed technology group with over 2600 employees in 130 companies and with more than NOK 9 billion in turnover. RECAB develops innovative embedded computer systems, industrial communication, machine vision & sensors for demanding applications. Our main markets are defense & avionics, maritime/offshore, energy, transportation, communications, industrial automation, and science. We have world leading customers, and world class quality is mandatory for what we do. We are ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015 certified, and we seek systematic quality improvements.
Our vision is 'Enabling World Class Applications'!
RECAB Norway is located at Hamar, the inland capital, which has all the social functions, a wide range of education for children and youth and a rich cultural and outdoor life. Mjøsa - Norway's largest lake - is literally just outside the door, and the neighboring municipality Stange is 'The Tuscany of the North' with a beautiful cultural landscape and rural coziness. The winter's adventure for cross country skiing in Vangsåsen/Hedmarksvidda is one of the best in Norway.
Hamar has low house prices, no car queues and is perfect for families with small children. A well-developed 'partner network' can help your partner find a job, if needed.