Hydro Energy has more than 100 years of experience in production of renewable energy. Today, we are one of the top three largest operators of hydropower production in Norway and a large power market player in the Nordic region and Brazil. We are responsible for developing new business opportunities for Hydro within both renewable energy and batteries, and we provide support to the rest of Hydro’s business areas on contracts, security of supply and energy framework conditions.
The Energy Supply & Development unit (ESD) has a world-wide responsibility for identifying and developing competitive energy solutions for Hydro. ESD is acting as a competence center for selection of energy carriers, generation technologies, security of supply, grid tariffs and analysis of power systems.
We apply for a project manager in the department Power Systems, Grid & Concessions.
Area of Resonsibilty
- Provide expertise to Hydro’s plants and projects especially related to
- Security of supply issues – conduct quantitative analyses
- High Voltage competence
- Project Development
- Grid cost and tariff optimization
- Develop and/or manage relations towards Transmission System Operator’s (TSO) and relevant regulatory bodies
- Contribute to develop Hydro’s grid and grid tariff policy in Norway and abroad
- Participate in or manage internal and external expertise networks
- Master level in Electrical engineering/Industrial economics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience from relevant energy related projects
- In-depth understanding of transmission and power systems, from a regulatory, planning and/or operational perspective
- Commercial and analytical mindset with understanding of strategic implication of grid issues and security of power supply
- Interest and competence in the use of quantitative methods and spreadsheet modelling
- Team oriented with strong cooperative and communicative skills, both oral and written. We believe you easily build relationships and are well experienced with cross-cultural environments
- Flexibility to travel to other Hydro locations when needed for a longer or short term abroad
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Hvem er Hydro -?
Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 35 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications. Click here if you would like to read more about Hydro and our operations.