G2 Ocean AS is the world's largest shipping company within the open hatch segment, operating 90 open hatch vessels, as well as approximately 40 conventional bulk vessels. We have 15 offices around the world with about 330 employees. Our business covers all continents, operating 27 different trade routes.
The company is a joint venture between two of the world's leading open hatch companies, Gearbulk and Grieg Star. The headquarters of G2 Ocean is in Bergen, Norway, with regional hubs in Rio de Janeiro and Singapore.
G2 Ocean does not own vessels on its own, but operate vessels owned or chartered by Gearbulk and Grieg Star, as well as vessels chartered from third parties on short-term time charters.
Our core cargoes are forestry products, steel, aluminium, big bags, granite and different project cargoes. G2 Ocean transports approximately 30 million tons of cargo annually.
We are looking for a person with 2-4 years experience from the management consulting industry, or similar experience, to take on a newly created position.
The position will report to the VP Innovation.
What you will learn and how you will impact our company
You will take lead on some projects, and assist senior managers on others. Our projects can involve anything from process improvement projects to technology investments. We need a bright mind that (in time) can identify where our organisation can improve and initialize new projects to fix imperfections or create new solutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Project Management and coordination – IT, business processes, digitisation, innovation and improvement projects
- Project documentation and reporting, satisfying stakeholders´ and management´s requirements.
- Maintain overview of IT projects in coordination with system owners and process owners
- Coordinate department and project meetings
To succeed in this role you need to
- Strong English communication skills – written and oral.
- Be great at organizing and coordinating people and activities
- Have excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Take initiative, be a self starter and make an impact
- 2-4 years of experience in the management consulting industry or similar. Shipping experience is not needed to succeed.
- Master level business degree with interest in IT, digitization and business processes
We can offer:
- The possibility to join a company creating truly pioneering sustainable shipping solutions
- Creating a possibility to work in a sustainable company that provides great opportunity globally
- A competitive and rewarding compensation package
If you have any questions, or if you want to discuss your profile with our recruiters before you consider applying, please contact Andreas de Lange, Senior Advisor at Experis Executive at +4790093829 / or Anette Hansen, Advisor at Experis Executive at +4790080079
Hvem er Experis?
Experis is Norway’s largest consultancy and recruitment company with 850 consultants. We offer highly qualified consultants, recruiting and project solutions within the fields of Engineering, Finance and IT. Our Experis Executive Division recruits leaders and key personnel in the private and public sector. Among our clients you will find over 90 percent of Norway’s leading companies. Experis is a company in ManpowerGroup and is voted one of the world’s most ethical companies.
As a consultant in Experis, you will have instant access to a wide range of challenging positions and project assignments. With us, you can build your career and we will help you achieve your goals on short and long term through our national and global network. Visit us at www.Experis.no